Hey, it’s a guilty pleasure.
Ah, The Bachelor. Some people hate it but many are obsessed with it and plan their Monday nights around the new episodes.
Personally, I’m a fan of The Bachelor franchise, or as Chris Harrison calls it, The Bachelor Nation. I can’t get enough of it — the love, the drama, all of it.
Although there have been many breakups and heartbreaks throughout the seasons, there have also been a good amount of happy endings! If you look up past contestants from the show on Instagram, you’ll find happy couples like Carly Waddell and Evan Bass. They met on Bachelor in Paradise, got married and have a daughter named Bella together who just turned one. There’s also Jade and Tanner Tolbert, a.k.a. “Janner,” who have an adorable daughter named Emmy. They recently announced they’re expecting their second child.
Another bachelor couple who recently got married in January and is expecting a baby girl in June is last season’s bachelor, Arie, and his wife, Lauren Luyendyk.
Even the people who hate the show must admit that it’s a hit! The numbers speak for themselves.
Since it first aired in 2002, there have been 23 seasons of The Bachelor, 14 seasons of The Bachelorette and 5 seasons of Bachelor in Paradise, as well as many other spin-off series. Not to mention, The Bachelor franchise is international! Places like Australia and Asia even have their own seasons of The Bachelor to get immersed in.
Although it’s supposed to be “reality TV,” The Bachelor still casts like any other TV show would. It needs a villain to start drama and interesting people to keep viewers coming back for more. It also needs the men and women that the bachelor/bachelorette will like. Casting each season perfectly has made for some interesting TV. Contestants have said many memorable lines that real Bachelor fans still know to this day.
People say and do some crazy things in the name of love… and reality TV! Here are 20 quotes from The Bachelor franchise that any member of “Bachelor Nation” will remember.
1. When Ashley S. was just plain odd during Chris’ season of The Bachelor.
“If it’s a pomegranate then God bless it.” — Ashley S.
2. When Caelynn, who’s been in beauty pageants her whole life, said this about Hannah G. during Colton’s season of The Bachelor.
“I just think Hannah G. has coasted on her beauty for so much of her life.” — Caelynn
3. When Robby was basically a living Ken doll and it freaked Raven out on Bachelor in Paradise.
“Robby has 12 abs, you should only have 6. What do you do for a living? Stop working out. I don’t trust you.” — Raven
4. When Krystal threw fake glitter after leaving The Bachelor on Arie’s season.
“Like, I’m done. Done. That was glitter. Glitter.” — Krystal
5. When Demi took cockiness to another level during Colton’s season.
“I am worth the world. I am amazing.” — Demi
6. When Olivia thought she was above everyone during Ben’s season.
“Deep, intellectual things are just my jam.” — Olivia
7. When Carly was all of us during Bachelor in Paradise.
“What drama is happening that I can just sit and watch?” — Carly
8. When Clare went out with a bang during Juan Pablo’s season finale.
“I thought I knew what kind of man you were. What you just made me go through, I would never want my children having a father like you.” — Clare
9. When Clare and Juan Pablo fought during the finale.
“I’m glad I didn’t pick her.” — Juan Pablo
10. When Chris Harrison was a part of every relationship.
“How do we move forward? And ‘we’ meaning you two.” — Chris Harrison
11. When Lace made sure she got the first kiss from Ben.
“Is it awkward if I ask you for a better kiss?” — Lace
12. When Chad was aggressive during JoJo’s season of The Bachelorette.
“I don’t want to have to physically fight you, but if there’s no way to stop you from saying what you’re saying, then I will physically have to hurt you.” — Chad
13. When Kendall stood up to Krystal on their 2-on-1 date with Arie.
“I dated someone like you before, where, in the face of conflict, they have told me things that really hurt me. I guess I learned that saying the thing that’s most hurtful doesn’t necessarily mean you win. It means you hurt somebody.” — Kendall
14. When Jordan and David hated each other on Becca’s season of The Bachelorette.
“Love is the greatest power on earth. Being me is my greatest power. Do you get that? Being you isn’t your greatest power. That’s why you gotta talk about me.” — Jordan
15. When Corinne napped during the rose ceremony on Nick’s season of The Bachelor.
“Michael Jordan took naps. Abe Lincoln took naps. Why am I getting in trouble for napping?” — Corinne
16. When Carly wasn’t into Evan at all in the beginning of Bachelor in Paradise.
“Evan does give me erectile dysfunction.” — Carly
17. When Ashley I. was hung up on Jared and crying in Bachelor in Paradise.
“I’ve never felt for anyone the way I feel for you, so it’s hard to let go… How am I supposed to find another you?” — Ashley I.
18. When Jordan was all over Jenna on Bachelor in Paradise.
“I really am a golden retriever. And Jenna’s a frisbee.” — Jordan
19. When Taylor and Corinne got into a fight on Nick’s season.
“My point in my conversation with Corinne is that the emotional intelligence level is lower and that sounds mean, but it’s the f***ing truth.” — Taylor
20. When Becca couldn’t stop saying this line on Arie’s season of The Bachelor and her season of The Bachelorette.
“Let’s do the damn thing!” — Becca