Because your debut online deserves the best caption.
A major milestone in relationships is announcing it to the world. Nowadays, you have go through this milestone multiple times. You tell your family, your friends, your co-workers, and the internet. Not necessarily in that order; maybe you decide to share your relationship status with the world wide web first.
Nevertheless, you have to plan for when you post that first couple pic on the Gram.
First you need a picture. Easy peasy. You already look cute together. It doesn’t matter if it’s a selfie taken with a phone while you’re cuddling on the couch in sweats, or a professional-level photo of you two out and about, doing couple-y date things.
After you take the picture and play around with it — apply a filter, adjust the contrast, maybe add a touch of vignette — it’s time for the caption.
There’s the cliché saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. Of course, that’s true … but a caption can add so many more words, literally and figuratively. There are the words on the screen, along with their underlying meaning.
Your caption is an indication of what kind of couple you are. Totally romantic? Jokesters? Best friends?
A great Instagram caption also has to do specifically with the photo’s content. If you’re eating together, a punny, foodie joke will go along great. If you’re doing something romantic, like kissing, a poetic quote will definitely earn some DMs expressing how cute you two are.
Yes, your first post making your relationship Instagram official is a pretty big deal. No pressure. It’s a good thing you’re able to edit captions after posting. Typos aren’t too cute.
Basically, there’s a ton of different avenues you can go down in regards to your first official couple picture. Here are 21 new relationship quotes to use as a caption, or at least as cute inspo.
1. There are going to be so many more memories to make.
“I never want to stop making memories with you”—Pierre Jeanty
2. You may try to show it, but the beauty of your relationship is it’s just between the two of you.
“To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others”—Francois Mauriac
3. Peanut butter and jelly is an outdated analogy — show everyone you’re a modern couple.
“You’re the avocado to my toast”—Unknown
4. Life might be hard at the moment, but you have someone to help you make sense of it.
“Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason”—John Mayer
5. It’s fun to think back to when we were kids.
“I’m willing to risk the cooties if you are”—Unknown
6. Looks aren’t everything.
“I have a crush on your mind. I fell for your personality. Your looks are just a bonus“—The Notebook
7. Because they’re the reason for cheesin’.
“So many of my smiles begin with you”—Unknown
8. For the special woman that keeps you guessing (and can stand a slight dig).
“She is delightfully chaotic; a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure”—Steve Maraboli
9. Post Malone gets it regarding new relationships.
“Never caught a feelin’ this hard”—Post Malone
10. For couples that may have taken a little time getting together.
“It wasn’t love at first sight. It took a full five minutes”—Lucille Ball
11. You two only need so much in life.
“I just need you and some sunsets”—Atticus
12. The nerdiest couples can make the cutest couples.
“Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you’re CuTe”—Unkown
13. With the right person, the butterflies never truly go away.
“Thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like”—Unknown
14. The perfect quote to use for a foodie couple pic.
“People who love to eat are always the best people”—Julia Child
15. Literature can express it best.
“In all the world there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world there is no love for you like mine”—Maya Angelou
16. When you need to let others know you don’t only love your bed and your mama.
“Nobody really likes us except for us”—Drake
17. You need to let the world know how special you two are.
“You have a place in my heart no one could ever have”—F. Scott Fitzgerald
18. Your relationship is done exceptionally well.
“What is done in love is done well”—Vincent van Gogh
19. Your partner is more than just a person.
“yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars”—e.e. cummings
20. Photographs help to record your fun.
“We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun”—A. A. Milne
21. And finally, because the wait was worth it.
“Even miracles take a little time”—Cinderella