Don’t be afraid to put yourself first.
It’s okay to selfish sometimes.
Putting yourself first is key to living a fulfilled and happy life. There is nothing better than canceling all your nights plans, lighting a candle, pigging out, and watching romantic comedies all night long.
Putting yourself first gives you the confidence you need to succeed in life – telling yourself that you are worth more than what you see in the mirror is powerful. Telling yourself every day that you are kind, smart, beautiful, and talented will give you the confidence you need to say no to things and people that drain you, and yes to the opportunities that make your stronger.
The trait “selfish” always has a bad connotation surrounding it. But, you should allow yourself to be selfish when it comes to what you want and how you plan to get it. This doesn’t mean you should knock down others to get to the top, but putting your needs before those around you will help you achieve your goals.
Girl, be a little selfish. Be very confident. Be empowered by the things that light your fire.
Here are 25 quotes to remind you to do just that. Here is your reminder to treat yourself to a life revolved around you!
1. The people who support you will want you to be a little selfish
“Sometimes you just need to be selfish and take care of you. If they love you, they’ll understand” – Robert Tew
2. You come first, always
“Sometimes, you have to do what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everybody else” – Unknown
3. You should be striving to please yourself, not those around you
“The drive to please others is at the root of so much suffering in the world” – Unknown
4. Never let anyone get in your way
“No more distractions, it’s time to be selfish” – Unknown
5. Just in case you forgot that you still come first
“Being selfish to me means that you have to look out for yourself and you don’t have to sacrifice” – Herbie Mann
6. Pamper yourself multiple nights a week
“Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel” – Eleanor Brownn
7. She deserves tender love you care
“Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing” – Unknown
8. Hopefully your middle finger is freshly manicured
“Self love is the greatest middle finger of all time” – Unknown
9. It’s only your job to be unapologetically you
“It’s not your job to be everything to everyone” – Unknown
10. This year’s biggest question
“What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?” – Unknown
11. She is on a different path than you, focus on yours
“Never compare yourself to anyone, except the previous you” – Unknown
12. Self love comes from the inside out
“When things change inside you, things change around you” – Unknown
13. Be a little vain
“Loving yourself isn’t vanity, it’s sanity” – Katrina Mayer
14. Which is the world
“Love yourself first, so you know what you deserve” – Unknown
15. Better than thw power of invisibility
“Self confidence is a super power” – Unknown
16. You’ll be so fine, girl
“Confidence is not, “they will like me.” Confidence is, “I’ll be fine if they don’t” –Christina Grimmie
17. Love the idea of being exactly who you are
“I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people except me to be” – Unknown
18. It all becomes clear once you start practicing self love
“When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t” – Unknown
19. It is your time to bloom
“A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it, it just blooms” – Unknown
20. If you’re scared to be selfish, now is the time to face that fear
“The best way to gain confidence is to do something you’re terrified of doing” – Unknown
21. You can clear out your wardrobe now
“Self-confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it” – Unknown
22. Being selfish can open you up to a whole new you
“I didn’t change. I just found myself” – Unknown
23. You are strong
“Confidence breeds strength” – Unknown
24. Be your most authentic self
“Believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic” – Brené Brown
25. Your success in life will come from the inside
“A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success in life” – Dr. Joyce Brothers