She understands heartbreak.
Lana Del Rey has an old soul and powerful lyric-writing skills. She’s a lot more mainstream these days, but I would still consider her as a type of alternative music.
Lana is known for her somber songs with deep lyrics guaranteed to make anyone feel something. She’s so skilled at turning her hurricane of thoughts, whether happy or dark, into beautiful works of musical art.
I’ve been a huge Lana Del Rey fan since 2013 and when I first discovered her, I couldn’t believe that one person could have such a soothing voice! Lana’s voice is angelic and her music has a very vintage feel to it. She describes feelings in such interesting ways that I’ve never thought about.
She’s the perfect artist to play when you’re driving around on a rainy day or just having a relaxing, quiet evening at home. There’s something about her music that is so soothing to listen to; maybe it’s because of the soft melodies or the fact that her lyrics are so relatable. Many of her songs make me feel like she understands exactly how I feel and turned it into a song.
Lana Del Rey is a huge difference from the upbeat pop music I usually listen to, but she’s up there on the list of my all-time favorite artists. She’s truly a unique talent in a music world that’s so full of the same boring formula in a lot of songs you hear on the radio.
Lana Del Rey’s songs feel like poems with music because they are crafted so beautifully. She’s written songs about things like being in love and heart break, but she’s also written songs about her own crazy experiences in life.
We all go through some crazy experiences and Lana Del Rey’s music is there to tell you that there can be so much beauty among the chaos.
Here are our picks of the 25 best Lana Del Rey quotes and heartbreaking song lyrics that are totally relatable to you and your life.
1. When you can’t stop thinking about that one guy.
“And there’s no remedy for memory. Your face is like a melody, it won’t leave my head.” — Dark Paradise
2. When you get lost in his eyes.
“Baby, heaven is in your eyes.” — National Anthem
3. When you’re into a bad boy.
‘You’re no good for me, but baby I want you.” — Diet Mountain Dew
4. When you’re scared to reach out to your ex.
“I wanna say I miss you so much, but something keeps me really quiet.” — West Coast
5. When everyday with him feels like a fantasy.
“Heaven is a place on earth with you.” — Video Games
6. When you still love him even after he broke your heart.
“It hurts to love you, but I still love you, It’s just the way I feel. And I’d be lying if I kept hiding the fact that I can’t deal.” — 13 Beaches
7. When you never want a certain day to end.
“If time stood still I’d take this moment make it last forever.” — Freak
8. When you want him to want you.
“Pick me up and take me like a vitamin.” — Radio
9. When you realize you only live once.
“Live fast, die young, be wild and have fun.” — Ride
10. When people judge you before they get to know you.
“They judge me like a picture book by the colors like they forgot to read.” — Brooklyn Baby
11. When your love life gets complicated.
“Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough, I don’t know why.” — Born to Die
12. When you feel like going out tonight.
“A little party never hurt no one, not you and me. A little party never hurt no one. We were born to be free.” — Art Deco
13. When your heart belongs to him.
“He grabs me, he has me by my heart.” — Off to the Races
14. When you have that one exciting summer fling.
“Hot summer nights, mid July when you and I were forever wild.” — Young and Beautiful
15. When the love of your life broke your heart.
“But when you walked out that door, a piece of me died.” — Blue Jeans
16. When you feel like you’d do anything for love.
“This is what makes us girls. We all look for heaven and we put love first. Something that we die for, it’s a curse.” — This Is What Makes Us Girls
17. When you love him no matter what.
“I told you that no matter what you did I’d be by your side.” — Blue Jeans
18. When he finally introduces you to people as his girlfriend.
“All those little times you said that I’m your girl you make me feel like your whole world.” — Pretty When You Cry
19. When you’re feeling yourself.
“You said to ‘be cool’ but I’m already coolest. I said to ‘get real,’ don’t you know who you’re dealing with?” — National Anthem
20. When you hate his exes.
“Love you more than those b****es before.” — Blue Jeans
21. When the relationship becomes official.
“Once I had you, I had everything.” — My Best Days
22. When you think about how your future would have turned out with your ex.
“Can you picture it, babe the life we could’ve lived.” — Without You
23. When life teaches us lessons that we learn from.
“My life, it comprises of losses and wins and fails and falls.” — Money Power Glory
24. When you can’t get over him.
“Even though you’re not here, I won’t move on.” — Dark Paradise
25. When you’re focused on your future.
“I’m not gonna listen to what the past says.” — Diet Mountain Dew