Thank you for all you do.
Single Parents Day on March 21 was a day to celebrate all of the amazing efforts displayed by single moms and single dads all over the world, but you can never appreciate all of their hard work enough — especially all in one day.
A single parent’s job is difficult because they’re playing the role of a mother and father while juggling work and keeping the household in check.
Some of the most hardworking and amazing people I know are single parents. I would know — I was raised by a single mother who immigrated from Vietnam in the late 80s. My mother spent most of her life working so that she could earn enough money to send my brother and myself through college. It’s her selfless, hardworking, strong personality that I hope to have even a fraction of. For this, I understand and appreciate what all the single parents in this world do for their kids.
But single parents are only human and they have emotions too. Just like everyone else, they have their limits and breaking points, which are often hidden behind a strong and smiling facade.
So in honor of all the brave and strong single parents, here are 25 relatable and inspiring quotes about being a single mom or a single dad to remind you how amazing these parents really are, year round.
1. Doing normal things is a luxury to them.
“I’m always working, and I’m a single parent, so I don’t think I have time for stuff most normal people do.” — Charlie Murphy
2. No amount of preparation is enough
“I was not prepared to live as a single parent”. — Annette Funicello
3. They work 10 times harder than anyone else.
“I was illustrating, and I was cleaning people’s houses; I was doing whatever I could to take care of my kid as a single parent.” — Emil Ferris
4. Everything has its pros and cons, but the pros make it all worth it.
“Being a single mother is twice the work, twice the stress, and twice the tears, but also twice the hugs, twice the love, and twice the pride.” — Unknown
5. It’s a superpower of its own category.
“I’m a single parent. What’s your superpower?” — Unknown
6. A single parent has the power of two.
“She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” — Mandy Hale
7. They should really consider making a Marvel movie about a single mom.
“Did you hear? Superheroes are real. They are called single moms.” Unknown
8. Are single parents even human?
“A single mother has a backbone made of steel and a heart made of gold.” — Unknown
9. There isn’t an obstacle that a single parent can’t overcome.
“Just because I am a single mother doesn’t mean I cannot be a success.” — Yvonne Kaloki
10. Being a single parent is an accomplishment on its own.
“Single moms: You are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true superwoman. Wear your cape proudly.” — Mandy Hale
11. A single’s parent’s determination can’t be rivaled.
“Being a working mother and a working single parent instills in you a sense of determination.” — Felicity Jones
12. It’s like single parents discovered how to use more than 10 percent of their brains or something.
“As a single mum, you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” — Emma-Louise Smith
13. Just because single parents do it alone, it doesn’t mean they’re not doing it right.
“I don’t think you necessarily have to be part of a traditional nuclear family to be a good mother. — Mary Louise Parker
14. Better do it right than just enough.
”I know it’s hard being a single parent, but I’d rather do it by myself than with someone who doesn’t want to.” — Anonymous
15. Cue the Destiny’s Child song.
“Being raised by a single mother, I learned to appreciate and value independent women.” — Kenny Conley
16. Somehow, when they don’t have opportunities, they make their own.
“Raising a family is difficult enough. But it’s even more difficult for single parents struggling to make ends meet. They don’t need more obstacles. They need more opportunities.” — Bill Richardson
17. They’re always putting their kids first, even if it’s their own affairs.
“The most difficult part of dating as a single parent is deciding how much risk your own child’s heart is worth.” — Daniel Pearce
18. And he made single mothers to withstand anything.
“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” — Rudyard Kipling
19. It’s hard to raise a child. It’s even harder to raise a GOOD child as a single parent.
“You can raise good children in single parent households, and many of you perhaps here today come from that type of environment. It is possible and many do it in heroic situations, but it’s much more difficult.” — Sam Brownback
20. One thank is one prayer.
“I was once a single mother, with very few resources, so I have a special place in my heart for women in difficult situations.” — Linda Lael Miller
21. Being a single parent is like beating the boss stage again and again while everyone fails.
“I would say to any single parent currently feeling the weight of stereotype or stigmatization that I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life.” — J.K. Rowling
22. A message all my single parents need to hear ASAP.
“I think moms, single or not, put a lot of pressure on ourselves trying to balance it all. It’s NEVER going to be perfectly balanced — the sooner you know this, the sooner you can relieve some of the pressure you put on yourself.” — Denise Richards
23. As said from a former diva.
“I want to show the example that you can be a single mother and work and handle a lot of other things at the same time.” — Christina Milian
24. A single mom is just good enough, if not better, than a whole family.
“Remember that a single mom is just like any other mom and that our number one priority is still our KIDS.” — Paula Miranda
25. Single parents always put their kids before them.
“I’m not really single. I mean I am, BUT I HAVE A SON. Being a single mother is different from BEING A SINGLE WOMAN.” — Kate Hudson