We’re all scared to be lonely.
We all get lonely sometimes. At the moment, it seems like nobody else ever feels that way but you but it’s important to remember that loneliness is completely normal and we all experience it.
Loneliness is just something that isn’t talked about enough. Nobody ever really mentions it. We all go through the feeling of being alone, but everyone’s too busy trying to put up a wall of happiness for people to see instead of addressing their loneliness. In reality, nobody’s as happy as they say they are.
If we were all more open about our feelings, the world would be a lot different. There would be less lonely people floating around in the universe right now.
Loneliness happens when you feel like you’re completely alone. You could be physically alone or just feeling like you’re the only one who’s going through a certain scenario, problem, or emotion. When you’re lonely, you feel like nobody else understands.
There have been many times that I’ve felt lonely for many different reasons. I feel loneliest late at night when the rest of the world is fast asleep and I’m wide awake.
Loneliness hits a lot of people the hardest after a breakup. You may feel like you’ll never have anyone again, but that’s not true. It takes time, but you’ll move on and get used to being an independent person again.
Loneliness also happens when we bring negativity in. If you change your perspective on things, you might feel less lonely and learn to embrace being alone. It’s good to enjoy your own company sometimes.
If you’re feeling like you’re the only person who’s struggling with something, go online and search the web. What helps me feel less lonely is watching YouTube videos of people who have gone through the same things I’m experiencing. It makes me feel like there are people out there who can relate to what I’m going through.
Regardless of what you’re going through in life, we all feel the loneliness creep in every once in a while. It’s a feeling we can all relate to, so here are 25 quotes about loneliness to sum up what it’s like to feel alone.
1. When you’d rather have good people in your life than a lot of money.
“Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.” — Mother Teresa
2. When spending time alone can help you learn more about yourself.
“Loneliness is designed to help you discover who you are and stop looking outside yourself for your worth.” — Mandy Hale
3. When you overthink in moments of loneliness.
“When I’m alone I think and think and think and think and think.” — Unknown
4. When you just want to meet someone who understands you.
“We sometimes think we want to disappear, but all we really want is to be found.” — Unknown
5. When you have so much to say, but nobody to say it to.
“You never realize how lonely you are until it’s the end of the day and you got a bunch of things to talk about and no one to talk to.” — Unknown
6. When more people are feeling lonely than you think.
“The irony of loneliness is we all feel it at the same time — together.” — Rupi Kaur
7. When music helps you escape loneliness.
“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” — Maya Angelou
8. When you feel empty.
“Loneliness is emptiness begging to be filled.” — Christy Ann Martine
9. When you have a big heart but haven’t found the one to share it with yet.
“Being lonely is having a heart, but no one to give it to.” — Unknown
10. When you need to find yourself before finding others.
“Loneliness is a sign you are in desperate need of yourself.” — Rupi Kaur
11. When it’s important to make sure the ones we love feel loved.
“Never make the one you love feel alone, especially when you’re right there.” — Unknown
12. When it’s like nobody cares how you feel.
“Lonely is not being alone, it’s the feeling that no one cares.” — Unknown
13. When you’re surrounded by people who don’t add anything to your life.
“I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.” — Robin Williams
14. When loneliness becomes normal to you.
“My biggest fear is that I will become too comfortable with the idea of being lonely for the rest of my life.” — Unknown
15. When you feel like there is no point.
“Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.” — Guillermo Maldonado
16. When you crave a deep connection with someone.
“Loneliness is the longing of the soul for companionship.” — Unknown
17. When being lonely hurts.
“Loneliness is a fire, which I hold close to my skin, to see how much pain I can stand, before running to the water.” — Atticus
18. When it’s important to love yourself first and know your worth.
“You will have a life of loneliness if the desire to be loved and to belong is more important than your self-respect.” — Dodinsky
19. When there’s a difference between being alone and being lonely.
“I like to be alone, but I hate being lonely.” — Unknown
20. When every relationship has fallen apart so far.
“I’m the person who falls too fast, hurts too deep and, in the end, ends up alone far too often.” — Unknown
21. When you hide behind a smile.
“Sometimes the person who tries to keep everyone happy is the most lonely person.” — Unknown
22. When there’s a big world of beautiful people to meet out there.
“Don’t feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” — Rumi
23. When being alone is a scary thought.
“Alone. Yes, that’s the keyword, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn’t hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.” — Stephen King
24. When you don’t let anyone know your true emotions.
“I feel lonely every single day, but I’m too ashamed to admit that to the people who love me.” — Unknown
25. When you really want a relationship.
“Every time I see a couple holding hands, or just plainly sitting together. I look away. It’s not that I hate seeing lovers. But because it reminds me of a question nobody can answer… ‘Where’s mine?'” — Unknown