Find the motivation to slay the game like a boss one quote at a time.
You’re a boss, but you don’t always feel that way. Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
As much as we would all like to say that our confidence is unshakeable, the truth is that it isn’t quite that simple.
We all have our ups and downs when it comes to being confident and believing in ourselves, whether it be with work, relationships, or our personal life. It’s hard living in a world that places demands on the ways we succeed, how we present ourselves, how we spend our money, and how we exist, and all of the aforementioned demands can impact way we see ourselves, too.
We compare ourselves to friends and strangers over social media. We fail, run into obstacles, or simply feel insecure, and while that’s all a natural part of life, we don’t have to let those feelings own us.
We can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and move on to bigger and better things.
The boss here is you, and spoiler alert — it always has been. Channel your inner boss and get things done, no matter what life throws at you. You are capable of more than you think, and all you have to do is realize that.
No matter what the cause of your insecurities, these 25 quotes are here to remind you that even on your worst days, you are still just as much of a boss as you are on your best ones.
1. They think they can stop you?
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
2. For those days when the haters start to catch up with you.
“Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.” —Unknown
3. When you feel like the rest of the world is ahead of you.
“A flower does not think to compete with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” —Zen Shin
4. When your hard work doesn’t feel like it is paying off.
“I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.” —Jose N. Harris
5. When you need a reminder of your own self-worth.
“I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” —Beyonce
6. When you feel selfish for putting your own needs first.
“I am mine. Before I am ever anyone else’s.” —Nayyirah Waheed
7. When you put yourself down too often.
“You owe yourself the love that you so freely give to other people.” —Alexandra Elle
8. A reminder that you are uniquely you.
“There is no competition because nobody can be me.” —Unknown
9. Others’ opinions of you don’t matter.
“Confidence is not ‘they will like me.’ Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.” —Christina Grimmie
10. When all eyes are on you.
“People will stare. Make it worth their while.” —Harry Winston
11. Grind for what you deserve.
“Raise your standards and the universe will meet you there.” —Danielle LaPorte
12. When you’re ‘too much’ for someone.
“You are too pretty and too smart to act like you’re not.” —Unknown
13. You will get there.
“Just because they’re succeeding before you, doesn’t mean they’re succeeding in replacement of you. There will still be a place for you. There will always be a place for you.” —Morgan Harper Nichols
14. When you’re scared to face what’s next.
“Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” —Jennifer Lee
15. When the going gets tough.
“A woman is like a tea bag — you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
16. Remember who you are.
“She remembered who she was, and then the game changed.” —Lalah Delilah
17. Write your own path.
“If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.” —Mo Willems
18. Nothing to lose? More like nowhere to go but up.
“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” —JK Rowling
19. Baby steps are still steps.
“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” —Martin Luther King
20. How to stay positive 101.
“Keep your face towards the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” —Walt Whitman
21. You are your own worst enemy.
“There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.” —Brian Tracy
22. When your situation seems impossible to overcome.
“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” —Stephen Covey
23. When you feel lost.
“Know what sparks the light in you. Then use that light to illuminate the world.” —Oprah Winfrey
24. Slowly is better than nothing at all.
“Don’t give up, don’t take anything personally, and don’t take no for an answer.” —Sophia Amoruso
25. And most importantly, a reminder to always carry on.
“Nothing can dim the light from within.” —Maya Angelou