It’s OK to be sad.
Positive thinking is important to have in your life, but it’s nearly impossible to always be happy and in a good mood.
We’re all human and sometimes life can seem overwhelming. Some days you might feel like you’re on top of the world, while other days you feel like your world is crashing down around you. Stress and anxiety are often the culprits for these emotions, but maybe you’re just mentally exhausted. Whatever the cause of your sadness, it’s important to take time for yourself to refresh and relax. Get your mind off of everything for a little bit and take a break. It’s never a good idea to overwork yourself.
If love, or the lack of it, is the cause of your sad mood, there are many things you can do to get back to your positive self. If you feel like you want to find someone and fall in love, put yourself out there and eventually the right person will come along. Love doesn’t happen overnight, so be sure to be patient and not expect to find the love of your life right away.
In the meantime, focus on spreading love to yourself and others. Show your friends and family how appreciated they are and you’ll feel their love and appreciation for you in return.
We all feel sadness. Whether it’s becasue of a breakup, a loss, or a big fight with someone you love, it’s a part of life and when things get you down, don’t let them keep you down. You can overcome any obstacle that comes in your way.
Sadness should only be a temporary feeling and if you find that you’re sad all the time and it’s keeping you from doing everyday tasks, talk to somebody you trust.
If you’re just all around feeling sad at the moment, it’s OK to wallow for a bit as long as you pick yourself up after and focus on the better things in life.
Here are 25 sad quotes you can relate to when love and life get you down — because life doesn’t always give you lemons.
1. When you finally let out all the emotions you were holding in.
“When a girl cries, it’s not usually over one thing. It’s built up anger and emotions that she’s been holding in for too long.” — Unknown
2. When you wait for something that feels impossible.
“I feel like I’m waiting for something that isn’t going to happen.” — Unknown
3. When you think about bad memories.
“I hate getting flashbacks from things I don’t want to remember.” — Unknown
4. When life feels too hard to handle.
“I just want a day where it feels like I’m not falling apart anymore.” — Unknown
5. When you hold in all of your feelings.
“I’m exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel.” — Unknown
6. When you have to pretend everything is OK.
“Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you’re okay.” — Unknown
7. When you’re sad and silent.
“When she is happy, she can’t stop talking, when she is sad, she doesn’t say a word.” — Ann Brashares
8. When you miss being happy and care-free.
“I miss me. The old me, the happy me, the bright me, the smiling me, the laughing me, the gone me.” — Unknown
9. When you let it go to avoid an argument, but it’s still bothering you.
“Do you ever want to say something that’s pissing you off, but you know it’ll start an argument so you leave it and let it kill you inside.” — Unknown
10. When the sadness hurts too much.
“Have you ever been so sad that it physically hurts inside?” — Unknown
11. When you’re used to being screwed over.
“It hurts, but it’s okay… I’m used to it.” — Unknown
12. When you want someone to care enough to fight for you.
“I’m tired of fighting. For once, I want to be fought for.” — Unknown
13. When you don’t know what you want out of life.
“My life has become this one big ‘I don’t know.'” — Unknown
14. When you feel hopeless.
“The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
15. When you feel like something is missing in your life.
“That feeling when you’re not necessarily sad, but you just feel really empty.” — Unknown
16. When you’re tired of being unhappy.
“My body and heart weren’t made for this. I’m tired of being tired and I’m tired of being sad.” — Unknown
17. When you can’t sleep because you’re missing him.
“And now night has fallen and I sit here and think about you and hope that sometimes you think about me too.” — Unknown
18. When all you do is overthink.
“My head is currently a horrible place to be.” — Unknown
19. When he moved on without you.
“The worst feeling isn’t being lonely, it’s being forgotten by someone you’d never forget.” — Unknown
20. Sometimes you have to fake it ’till you make it.
“Faking a smile is so much easier than explaining why are you sad.” — Unknown
21. When sleep feels like the only escape.
“Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed, and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart.” — William C. Hannan
22. When you miss how simple life was when you were a kid.
“how did I go from that little five year old, always happy and always laughing to… this?” — Unknown
23. When the only one you want to talk to is the one hurting you.
“Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying, is exactly the one making you cry?” — Unknown
24. When sad songs speak to your soul.
“When you’re happy you enjoy the music. When you’re sad you understand the lyrics.” — Frank Ocean
25. When sadness comes over you.
“Today my forest is dark. The trees are sad and all the butterflies have broken wings.” — Raine Cooper