Let your haters be your motivators.
How many times have you had someone tell you that you wouldn’t amount to anything, or laugh when you told them about your future plans?
Think about how many times you let their negative thoughts make you stop believing in yourself. They were making you seem less than the great person you are and were meant to be, and you fell right into their trap. You let them underestimate you.
Being underestimated is just a part of life. There will always be people who would rather see you fail than succeed.
Once you realize this, you should learn to be thankful for all the people who have ever doubted you over the course of your life. Without even realizing it they have given you the opportunity and motivation to prove them wrong every step of the way.
It is good to go after your goals and dreams for your own happiness, but there is something even more satisfying about achieving them when you know that other people don’t want you to. It makes you work 10 times harder.
In continuing to work you are just putting yourself at a greater advantage in life. It will be that much harder for them to try and keep up and bring you down. Before you know it, you will have reached a level of freedom where you don’t care about the negative thoughts of others, because you will have afforded yourself the luxury of choosing to be around people who only want what’s best for you. This will be because they are confident in who they are and what they are capable of achieving.
Here are 40 empowering quotes and carefree life quotes to remind you that being underestimated can be a good thing. Use it as motivation to keep pushing forward and to accomplish everything people said you never would.
1. Only you know what you are truly capable of.
“Don’t underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, and notice more than you realize.” — Unknown
2. By then it’ll be too late.
“One day the people that didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.” — Johnny Depp
3. The only opinion that matters is what you think of yourself.
“Not caring what other people think is the best choice you will ever make.” — Unknown
4. Prove them wrong.
“When people underestimate you, don’t be down, stand up and let them know that they’re wrong.” — Unknown
5. What they think doesn’t matter.
“Your opinion of me is highly irrelevant.” — Unknown
6. Don’t worry about their opinions.
“You severely underestimate my apathy.” — Unknown
7. Protect your peace by letting people keep thinking they know you.
“Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.” — Unknown
8. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to prove you wrong.
“People who underestimate you should be thanked.” — Unknown
9. There’s nothing like having the freedom to find and be your true self.
“I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” — Dita Von Teese
10. People will underestimate you. It’s just a part of life.
“Go ahead, underestimate me. You won’t be the first… you won’t be the last… but you will be wrong.” — Unknown
11. They’re giving you the upper hand.
“Being underestimated is one of the biggest competitive advantages you can have. Embrace it.” — Unknown
12. Don’t give them the satisfaction of being right.
“Prove them wrong.” — Unknown
13. Free yourself from the negative opinions of others.
“When you truly don’t care what anyone thinks of you, you have reached a dangerously awesome level of freedom.” — Unknown
14. Don’t even give them the time of day.
“The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.” — Unknown
15. Let your haters be your motivators.
“They told me I couldn’t. That’s why I did.” — Unknown
16. If they underestimate you, they don’t deserve to be around you.
“I distance myself from people for a reason.” — Unknown
17. Don’t allow people to view you as less than.
“You can’t force someone to respect you, but you can refuse to be disrespected.” — Unknown
18. Keep their fear alive.
“The ones who say ‘you can’t’ and ‘you won’t’ are the ones scared that you will.” — Unknown
19. Never let what others think stop you from pushing forward.
“People will mistreat you, but never let them defeat you.” — Unknown
20. It gives you more room to surpass their expectations.
“Everybody underestimates me and that’s just how I like it.” — Scottie Waves
21. Don’t underestimate me.
“I know who I am and what I am capable of. You’d be wise not to underestimate me.” — Unknown
22. Beware. I am stronger than you’ll ever realize.
“She is kind but strong, and that is where so many mistake her. They interpret her kindness for weakness and force her to show her strength.” — Jm Storm
23. Being underestimated puts you in a position of power.
“The moment you think I’m stupid, I’ve already outsmarted you.” — Unknown
24. Don’t force my hand.
“Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.” — Al Capone
25. Don’t let someone else’s negative thoughts start to cloud how you view yourself.
“Never again will I underestimate the greatness inside of me just because of the hate and limited thinking inside of others.” — Steve Maraboli
26. Only surround yourself with people who want you to succeed and believe that you can.
“Surround yourself with people who talk about visions and ideas, not other people.” — Akin Olokun
27. Don’t take your eyes off the prize.
“Just keep moving forward and not give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” — Johnny Depp
28. Keep doing what you’re doing.
“You can’t change how people feel about you, so don’t try. Just live your life and be happy.” — Unknown
29. Don’t lose a minute of sleep worrying about what others think.
“A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” — Unknown
30. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
“Your perception of me is a reflection of you; My reaction to you is an awareness of me.” — Unknown
31. Winners don’t let others scare them into quitting.
“Tell me I can’t then watch me work twice as hard to prove you wrong.” — Unknown
32. Get far, far away.
“If people are doubting how far you’ll go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” — Unknown
33. Tune them out.
“Keep calm and believe in yourself.” — Unknown
34. Stay quiet and keep your eyes on the prize.
“Stay humble. Stay focused. Stay blessed.” — Unknown
35. You just wait and see.
“I will succeed, just watch me!” — Unknown
36. Keep your negative opinions of me to yourself, please.
“I don’t say shut up often… but I will if you tell me I can’t accomplish something.” — Unknown
37. When you stop caring, you can reach your fullest potential.
“Be who you want to be and not care about what others think.” — Unknown
38. While they spend time underestimating you, they are missing an opportunity to better themselves.
“Successful people never worry about what others are doing.” — Unknown
39. Stay clear of people who try to bring you down.
“Some people are life-sucking, energy-draining negative bags of annoying hell.” — Unknown
40. The best is yet to come.
“Cheers to all my haters! Be patient. So much more is coming.” — Unknown