Finally found that perfect couple’s selfie and need something cute to say? We’ve got you covered.
Love is that inexplicable feeling that everyone seeks to define! We constantly seek the meaning of love in romance books, rom-coms and romantic movies, love songs — and especially through quotes about love.
As if our own experiences are not enough, we listen to love stories from our friends and family, not only because we love them so much, but also because we LOVE love.
We also want to find relatable stories that reinforce what we feel about our own love.
But after learning so much about love, do you still feel stuck when asked to define it precisely and in a concise manner? Do you struggle to find just the right words to describe the current moment or feeling created by love? Do you wish to appreciate and celebrate your love, yet don’t quite know how to do so verbally?
Well, you don’t need to struggle anymore! We are going to share some beautiful quotes about love that perfectly describes this phenomenon that you can share on your Instagram story or as the perfect Instagram caption to go along with that cute couple’s selfie you’re dying to share. You could also these to use as photo captions or texts to send to your significant other.
So let’s see these 40 famous love quotes to use for your next Instagram story.
1. When you feel like you’ve found the perfect person to grow old with.
“Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
2. When they feel like home.
“You put your arms around me and I’m home.” — Christina Perri
3. When they’re all you really need.
“All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” — Ed Sheeran
4. When it seems inevitable to fall in love with them.
“It was always you.” — Unknown
5. When you feel like together you can conquer the world.
“You and me together, we could do anything, baby.” — Dave Matthews
6. When they do nice things for you without being asked.
“True love: When they do your least favorite chore without being asked.” — Unknown
7. When it does not matter whom you love.
“It matters not who you love, it matters only that you love.” — John Lennon
8. When love transcends silence.
“Some hearts understand each other even in silence.” — Unknown
9. When you are always searching for them.
“In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.” — Not Only Not Only Journals
10. When they offer you much more than you ever expected to get.
“And there will be someone that comes along one day and offers you an entire galaxy when you only expected a single planet.” — Noor Shirazie
11. When they feel like sunlight.
“Stay close to people who feel like sunlight.” — Xan Oku
12. When you are constantly thinking of them.
“In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
13. When it feels like it’s forever.
“You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” — Leo Christopher
14. When they feel like magic.
“I don’t believe in magic,” the young boy said. The old man smiled. “You will when you see her.” — Atticus
15. When they really want to understand you.
“How amazing is it to find someone who wants to hear about all the things that go on in your head.” — Nina LaCour
16. When your home feels like a person.
“She knew she loved him when ‘home’ went from being a place to being a person.” — E. Leventhal
17. When you want to do everything with them.
“I wish I had done everything on earth with you.” — The Great Gatsby
18. When you want to break the barriers of time.
“Let’s make time work for us.” — The Maccabees
19. When you feel like you need to wait for the right person.
“Someday someone is going to look at you with a light in their eyes you’ve never seen, they’ll look at you like you’re everything they’ve been looking for their entire lives. Wait for it.” — Unknown
20. When you feel like there is never going to be a love like this.
“There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
21. When being with your lover feels like an adventure.
“She is delightfully chaotic; a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure.” — Steve Maraboli
22. When it’s like at first sight.
“I’ve liked you since I met you.” — Unknown
23. When you feel like you never stopped loving them.
“After all this time? Always.” — Severus Snape
24. When you know it should feel like an adventure.
“Love is meant to be an adventure.” — B. Hinckley
25. When he reminds you of all things exciting.
“He was Christmas morning, crimson fireworks and birthday wishes.” — Raquel Franco
26. When you realize they have been with you all along.
“The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking out for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” — Rumi
27. When they make you forget everything else.
“We were together. I forget the rest.” — Walt Whitman
28. When you can’t imagine how colorless your life was before them.
“I don’t know how I survived those days before I held your hand.” — Unknown
29. When they can upgrade a normal day.
“Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.” — Winnie the Pooh
30. When you feel like you have to go against the odds.
“All of the best love stories have one thing in common, you have to go against the odds to get there.” — Unknown
31. When you decide to choose them over and over again.
“And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” — The Chaos of Stars
32. When you miss their presence so much that it hurts.
“It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can’t have them in your arms.” — Unknown
33. When they bring you peace.
“You’re my favorite place to go to when my mind searches for peace.” — Unknown
34. When they make you believe.
“You found parts of me I didn’t know existed and in you I found a love I no longer believed was real.” — Unknown
35. When you are all in.
“This thing we’re doing here, you, me. I’m in. I am all in.” — Luke Danes, Gilmore Girls
36. When you merge so completely that you feel like one soul.
“He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” — Emily Bronte
37. When you feel like you can’t control it and are still fine with that.
“Falling for you was like falling down the stairs. I was in complete control at first, then, without warning, I was spinning, tumbling, and has no idea why or how. Then, before I even knew what happened, I lay at the bottom; shocked, ended up exactly where I was trying to go.” — K. Towne Jr.
38. When they help you become your dream self.
“Because of you, I can feel myself slowly but surely becoming the me I have always dreamed of being.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
39. When it is not just physical attraction.
“I fell in love with his soul before I could even touch his skin. If that isn’t true love, tell me what is.” — Unknown
40. When they are always on your mind.
“You’re kinda, sorta, basically, pretty much always on my mind.” — Unknown