You can still squeeze in a good laugh.
Funny quotes and silly memes can be a relief when life starts to bring you down. Life isn’t always easy, and we don’t expect it to be, but, when you bring a few laughs into your day, life can get a little easier.
Last summer was filled with disappointment for me and I found myself constantly feeling low. I had just broken up with my boyfriend of almost two years, and life overall just seemed to be taunting me at every turn. I didn’t want to vent to friends like I normally would to feel better, but I knew I had to find a way to end my somber mood as quickly as possible.
Then it hit me. I had an untouched journal sitting on my desk. It was a birthday gift I had received from my mom years before. Opening the journal for just the third time in two years, I took a second to re-read the inside cover.
My mom had written a message telling me to bring some words to life, and so I did. I soon realized that journaling instantly made me feel better. I could share my most intimate thoughts and not have to worry about being judged or questioned. It was my pick-me-upper.
We all have those moments when we’re feeling down. Whether it be your boss overlooking you, your car breaking down or your significant other giving you a hard time, life always seems to have a funny way of making us feel crappy.
It is especially easy during this time to completely give up on the situation or to soak in the negative energy. That energy then consumes us and can make us forget about the power we have. We have the ability to overcome our bad moods. Remind yourself of this every time you find yourself slipping into an unwanted mood. Once that is accomplished, take some time to breathe, laugh and relax.
Life is always going to have its ups and downs, but we must choose to rise above any obstacles we encounter.
While there are many ways to get yourself to stop feeling down, a lot of people turn to quotes to help them get through their tough days and get back to a better mood. These quotes don’t always have to be serious, structured or inspirational. In fact, they can be funny and serve as comic relief on your worst days.
Take a look at these 40 funny quotes about life to give you a little reprieve from the things that bring you down so you can learn to smile a little bit more each day.
1. Things could always be worse.
“..On the bright side I am not addicted to cocaine.” — Unknown
2. Be proactive.
“When sh!t happens turn it into fertilizer.” — Kute Blackson
3. Turn life beating you down into something positive.
“When life knocks you down, roll over, and look at the stars.” — Unknown
4. Admire your own butt.
“When you feel down just grab your own butt.” — Unknown
5. Though it might take a while, whatever is bothering you will pass eventually.
“This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone. but it will pass.” — Unknown
6. Don’t let life win without a fight.
“When life knocks me down, I just get back up and say is that all you got.” — Unknown
7. Let the world see your pearly whites.
“Life is short smile while you still have teeth.” — Unknown
8. The calendar feels the same way.
“After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F.” — Unknown
9. Stop looking down. Let other people admire your boobs.
“Always keep your chin up… otherwise you are just looking at your boobs all day.” — Unknown
10. You’ve believed in crazier things than yourself.
“If you were able to believe in Santa Claus for like 8 years, you can believe in yourself for like 5 minutes.” — Unknown
11. Sometimes you just have to be done for the day.
“That’s enough todaying for today…” — Unknown
12. Is walking around without pants really that bad?
“If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you’ll have trouble putting on your pants.” — Unknown
13. Relax. There is no need to make life any harder.
“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” — Erbert Hubbard
14. Get your groove on.
“Why be moody when you can shake yo booty?” — Unknown
15. For every problem there is a solution.
“Everything is figureoutable.” — Unknown
16. Sometimes the best decision you can make is to stay in bed.
“Namast’ay in bed.” — Unknown
17. Take care of yourself.
“Don’t forget to drink water and get some sun. You’re basically a houseplant with more complicated emotions.” — Unknown
18. If you want it and you have the money, you know what to do.
“Life is short. Buy the shoes.” — Unknown
19. Avoid the wrinkles for as long as possible.
“Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay, the more wrinkled you get.” — Unknown
20. Sparkle, baby, sparkle.
“Never let anyone treat you like regular glue. You’re glitter glue.” — Unknown
21. You’re not stuck.
“If you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.” — Unknown
22. You might want to check your height from time to time.
“If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” —T.S. Eliot
23. It is ok to straight-up drop some things.
“Never put off ’till tomorrow what you can straight up cancel.” — Unknown
24. At least you can say you got a good workout.
“When life knocks you down… do a burpee!!!” — Unknown
25. You are a winner.
“When you feel worthless, remember you were once the quickest sperm cell.” — Unknown
26. Just be patient. He won… eventually.
“Whenever you’re feeling down, just remember you’ve won as many Oscars as Leonardo Dicaprio.” — Unknown
27. Bad things happen when you waste time living in the past.
“Never look backwards or you’ll fall down the stairs.” — Rudyard Kipling
28. Laughing at someone else might make you feel better for a while.
“When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.” — Catny Guisewite
29. Always look at the bigger picture.
“People who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full are missing the point. The glass is refillable.” — Unknown
30. You were meant to stand out.
“I’m not weird I am limited edition.” — Unknown
31. If your family is crazy, that means you have nothing to worry about.
“You are going to be fine. You come from a strong line of lunatics.” — Unknown
32. Don’t give up on yourself or your dreams. Keep pushing until you reach the finish line.
“Be like a postage stamp. Stick to a thing till you get there.” — Josh Billings
33. If you didn’t know, now you do.
“Well apparently Rock Bottom has a basement.” — Unknown
34. Your size doesn’t define who you are.
“The only reason I’m fat is because a tiny body couldn’t store all this personality.” — Unknown
35. Keep laughing.
“Live like Spongebob, laugh out loud all day without any reason and annoy all the mean people with your happiness.” — Unknown
36. When you’re feeling down, just remember that the weekend comes every 5 days.
“Better days are coming. They are called: Saturday and Sunday.” — Unknown
37. Just try it, if you don’t believe me.
“There is no angry way to say bubbles.” — Unknown
38. Life can only keep you down if you let it.
“When something goes wrong in your life just yell “plot twist!” and move on.” — Unknown
39. Take pride in that brain of yours.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher when you’re stupid.” — John Wayne
40. If you’re ever upset with your life, consider the people who raised you.
“Don’t be ashamed of who you are. That’s your parent’s job.” — Unknown