With Women’s History Month in full swing, it’s important to remember how strong us girls really are. Keep yourself motivated and inspired with 50 of the best strong woman quotes out there. And always remember why we celebrate International Women’s Day!
Society throughout history has always perpetuated the idea that men are the strong ones, but if we’re being honest, with the struggles women have had to endure through the years, it’s no question that we’ve worked for our titles as the strong, independent women of today.
Look how far we’ve come in the last 100 years or so, ladies! We’ve fought blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are — and we still have a long way to go. Nevertheless, we persist.
So to keep you motivated and renew that sense of pride you should have for being a strong, persistent, powerful woman, look to these 50 quotes to keep you going.
1. A strong woman knows that not everyone is going to like her, and that’s OK.
“A strong woman accepts both compliments & criticism graciously, knowing that it takes both sun & rain for a flower to grow.”
2. Strong women know that it’s not in the destination, it’s in the journey.
“A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.”
3. A strong woman can only be with an equally strong man.
“A strong man can handle a strong woman. A weak man will say she has attitude.”
4. A strong woman doesn’t need your approval, she does what she wants.
“I do a thing called what I want.”
5. Strong women make the best role models.
“Be a strong woman. So your daughter will have a role model and your son will know what to look for in a woman when he’s a man. ”
6. A strong woman can get a little smug at times.
“A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.”
7. A strong woman doesn’t take any guff from anybody.
“There’s fire in her … If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it down.”
8. Strong women aren’t afraid to tell it like it is.
“She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip-toed on.” -Kaitlin Foster
9. Strong women should be feared, for they can do anything.
“She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, fear her when she looks into the fire and smiles. ”
10. Strong women build each other up.
“Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” -Stephanie Bennett-Henry
11. Some strong women are strong because they have to be.
“Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until they are in hot water.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
12. A strong woman doesn’t need anyone’s approval.
“If you live for people’s acceptance, you’ll die from their rejections.” -Lecrae
13. A strong woman doesn’t need a man, especially a weak one.
“A weak man can’t love a strong woman. He won’t know what to do with her.”
14. Strong women don’t accept sexist crap.
“Strong women don’t have ‘attitudes’, we have standards.”
15. Be strong and fierce! Yas Queen!
“The woman who doesn’t require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” -Mohadesa Najumi
16. A great piece of advice from a fellow strong woman.
“At 70 years old, if I could give my younger self one piece of advice, It would be to use the phrase ‘f— off’ much more frequently.” -Helen Mirren
17. A strong woman never gives up.
“A strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, lets go, tries again, and perseveres … no matter what life throws at her.”
18. Strong women don’t let their flaws get them down.
“Mother Teresa didn’t walk around complaining about her thighs – she had sh*t to do.”
19. A strong women can’t be controlled.
“If I was meant to be controlled, I would have come with a remote.”
20. Strong women don’t even consider your approval.
“I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” -Coco Chanel
21. A strong woman is 100% herself, 100% of the time.
“The strongest actions for a woman is to love herself, be herself and shine amongst those who never believed she could.”
22. A strong woman knows how much she’s worth.
“The best women are the hardest to deal with because they know their worth.”
23. You have to work to be someone a strong woman wants around.
“The funny thing about a strong woman is that she doesn’t need you – she wants you and if you start slacking she’ll be content without you.”
24. Strong women aren’t born, they’re made.
“So many strong women start are broken girls.”