For when you’re running on low battery mode.
Sometimes, your motivation dips low, and all you want to do is postpone your work for the week — just procrastinate.
Whether you’re working a full-time job or attending college, your days can get pretty exhausting. The early excitement of starting a brand new job or meeting new classmates dies down and your days become mundane, especially if you’re trying to juggle work and a social life.
At some point, I’m sure you probably want to call it quits and just live out your days in the woods. I mean, what is better than being one with nature? Food and water are free, you won’t have any bills to pay and there are no reports or essays you have to type. The best part is, your problems are temporarily gone and left back in the city.
It’s OK to have these emotions once in a while since you’re only human, but it’s important to know how to pick yourself back up from them.
When you hear words of positive encouragement, it increases your motivation to complete your goals more than surrounding yourself in negativity does. When you continuously keep yourself in your negative bubble, so to speak, you feel more discouraged and are less likely to complete your work and goals for the week, which can trigger depression and other serious issues. You might get behind in work and school, which can affect your performance and hinder the relationships you have with your coworkers.
Listening to all the negativity is like a domino effect that will have to blow up — sooner or later.
Instead, surround yourself with happy, positive thoughts that encourage you to complete your goals and prove to everyone how smart you are.
If you’ve been feeling anything less than motivated lately, here are 50 motivational quotes you can use and recite daily to help you get your sh*t together. These empowering quotes are sure to get your inspiration flowing.
1. Follow in the wise footsteps of Michelle Obama
“I never cut class. I loved getting A’s, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world.” — Michelle Obama
2. Make history, girl.
“There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.” — Michelle Obama
3. Be a Madonna.
“I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” — Madonna
4. Listen to advice from a true diva.
“Never, never listen to anybody that try to discourage you.” — Mariah Carey
5. Queen Ari never lies.
“There’s always tomorrow, and it always gets better.” — Ariana Grande
6. You should definitely choose to achieve your goals.
“It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices.” — Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
7. If you don’t do it, how can you expect to achieve your dream?
“Do, or do not. There is no try.” — Yoda, Star Wars
8. Always start your day like you’re Cardi B.
“I’m in a boss b**** mood.” — Cardi B
9. Hard work pays off.
“I’m the rose that came from concrete.” — Cardi B
10. Your soul needs a good workout too.
“I have to work, for my soul.” — Jennifer Lopez
11. You have to put in work for the things you want.
“Create the things you wish existed.” — Unknown
12. Not all of us are born lucky, but we’re all born with determination.
“Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.” — Unknown
13. No work ethic will get you nowhere.
“You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.” — Stephen C. Hogan
14. Talent alone doesn’t get you far if you don’t have the drive to achieve your goals.
“What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110 percent all the time.” — Don Zimmer
15. Hustle life is the right life.
“Mine’s a pretty simple strategy: there’s not a lot of talent here, but there’s a lot of hustle. I have to be in every place I can, and be busy.” — Ryan Seacrest
16. If you believe you can, you will.
“This body is resilient. It can endure all kinds of things. My body offers me the power of presence. My body is powerful.” — Roxane Gay, Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body
17. Don’t let your mistakes make you feel down.
“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.” — L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
18. You won’t achieve your dreams if you’re too scared to start them.
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” — Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun
19. Your success story will come with failure stories too.
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, Worstward Ho
20. Leave the baggage.
“Wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” — Toni Morrison, Song of Solomon
21. You can. You can. You can.
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
22. Fight for what you want.
“Where there is a will, there is a way. If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open.” — Pauline Kael
23. Your future starts now.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
24. You can always land on a star.
“Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” — W. Clement Stone
25. Your determination will get you to where you want to be.
“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” — Michael Phelps
26. You might be one step away from your goals.
“Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” — Nicki Minaj
27. And your goals will never be pursued.
“You miss 100 percent of the chances you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky, The Office
28. Remember Latoya, LaTavia, or Farrah? Yeah, we don’t either.
“I am Beyonce. Always.” — Michael Scott, The Office
29. There’s no shortcut to life.
“You can’t just skip ahead to where you think your life should be.” — Lily, How I Met Your Mother
30. Chase your goals like you’re making history.
“It’s going to be legen — wait for it — dary.” — Barney, How I Met Your Mother
31. Succeed so that you’ll have enough toilet paper for the rest of your life.
“I always fantasized about having enough money to stock up on toilet paper.” — Fiona Gallagher, Shameless
32. Always stay one or a dozen steps ahead of everyone else.
“You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth
33. Trying never hurts.
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
34. Make your enemies jealous.
“Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t… will be priceless.” — Kevin Ngo
35. Be one with the clock.
“Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” — Sam Levenson
36. Walk the walk, not just the talk.
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
37. Your failures will help you achieve a more successful story.
“You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” — Unknown
38. You’re never too crazy, just too docile.
“People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” — Rob Siltanen
39. Easy goals are not goals at all.
“I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” — Michael Phelps
40. Doesn’t hurt to be organized and prepared.
“A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” — Brian Tracy
41. Go ahead. Be bigger than Bill Gates.
“There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.” — Brian Tracy
42. Be a leader, not a follower.
“Leaders set high standards. Refuse to tolerate mediocrity or poor performance.” — Unknown
43. You’re a beautiful, colorful butterfly.
“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” — English Proverb
44. Have the courage to start your dreams.
“I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
45. Create a version of you that can do anything.
“Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — Lolly Daskal
46. Fear is deadly.
“There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth
47. Take a hike outside your comfort zone.
“All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” — Michael John Bobak
48. And just like your oily hair when you don’t shower, your lack of motivation shows.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing–that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar
49. Live for your dreams, not your fears.
“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” — Les Brown
50. Today is going to be a GREAT day!
“If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” — Elon Musk