Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!
A mother’s love is something that nothing can compare. A mom, to their child, is a confident, a source of unconditional love and advice, a safe place, and an inspiration. A mom dedicates her entire being to her children, who are the light of her life.
Moms put their children first, provide for them and make sure they are OK. There’s not a formula for motherhood, but each mom approaches motherhood in her own way.
Moms want to do the best they can and never, ever give up.
Since the moment a baby is conceived, there is instant love. Mom is the person a child looks up to from the beginning, guiding her children every step of the way. Mothers do anything to protect their children — they are fierce, strong and determined.
Nothing can get in the way of the bond between a mom and her child.
Mother’s day is the perfect opportunity to take a moment to tell your mom how special she is. Moms do a whole lot day to day without much recognition. So, take today to give thanks to the wonderful mother you have been given, and tell her how much you love her.
For Mother’s Day, I want to make sure my mom knows how special she is to me. Like other moms, she is always there with advice, a shoulder to cry on, words of inspiration and most of all love. And she gives the best hugs too. Her support means everything to me and I couldn’t be here today without her.
Here are 75 Happy Mother’s Day quotes and wise quotes about moms to share with the mom in your life. Happy Mother’s Day!
1. A mom is a guiding light.
“What is a mom but the sunshine of our days and the north star of our nights.” —Robert Brault
2. No mother is perfect.
“Don’t be so hard on yourself. The mom in E.T. had an alien living in her house for days and didn’t notice.” —Unknown
3. What? Mom’s not Superwoman?
“If you are a mom, you are a superhero, period.” —Rosie Pope
4. To a child, a mom is everything.
“A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
5. Mom’s are a blessing when we need them most.
“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” —Rudyard Kipling
6. Always feels like home in mom’s arms.
“A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Diana, Princess of Wales
7. There is nothing better in the world than being a mom.
“Of all the gifts that life has to offer, a loving mother is the greatest of them all.” —Unknown
8. A mom is what makes a family a family.
“To the world, you are a mother, but to your family you are the world.” —Unknown
9. Every moment mom is with you.
“Motherhood is a million little moments that God weaves together with grace, redemption, laughter, tears, and most of all, love.” —Lysa TerKeurst
10. Mom’s make us who we are.
“All I am I owe to my mother.” —George Washington
11. Looking up to mom.
“I can only hope to be 10% of the mom mine was to me.” —Charlize Theron
12. Moms never give up.
“Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” —Sharon Jaynes
13. A mom’s love can weather any storm.
“To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” —Maya Angelou
14. Are you sure moms are not superheroes?
“There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child you are super mom.” —Stephanie Precourt
15. Through thick and thin, mom is there.
“A mother’s love endures through all.” —Washington Irving
16. Mother’s love is unconditional.
“Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” —Erich Fromm
17. Mom’s keep their children grounded.
“My mom is definitely my rock.” -Alicia Keys
18. Moms are inspirations.
“I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me.” —Antonio Villaraigosa
19. Face your fears. You can do it.
“She taught me that fear is not an option.” —Diane Von Furstenberg
20. No place like home.
“A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Sophia Loren
21. Mom’s shape us to be who we are.
“All that I am or Hope to be, I owe to my mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
22. A child can never forget their mom’s hug.
“A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” —Unknown
23. Nothing can take away a mom’s love.
“When you look at your mother. You’re looking at the purest love you’ll ever know.” —@MrAlMubarak
24. Never get between a mother and her child.
“A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no laws, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” —Agatha Christie
25. Moms are always there when they are most needed.
“My mom has always been kind of my backbone. She keeps me strong. She is a mother, a friend. She is really everything to me.” —Aerin Lauder
26. Moms are strong-willed.
“My mother … she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” —Jodi Picoult
27. Even when the sky is falling, mom is there.
“Moms are like buttons — they hold everything together.” —Unknown
28. A mother holds a special place in her child’s heart.
“Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” —Unknown
29. Being a mom is challenging.
“Motherhood is like a walk in the park…” —Jurassic Park
30. People come and go, but a mom is always there.
“Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
31. Moms put their children first.
“ …and she loved a little boy very very much, even more than she loved herself.” —Shel Silverstein
32. Mom’s life is dedicated to her children.
“The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. — When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” —Jessica Lange
33. You can never forget your mom.
“My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.” —Graycie Harmon
34. Moms give their children the tools to do great things.
“Your arms were always there when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.” —Sarah Malin
35. Even when moms get mad, they always forgive.
“The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” —Honore de Balzac
36. Where else would you cry?
“The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” —Jodi Picoult
37. Moms can defy all odds.
“No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.” —Edwin Chapin
38. Moms give their children what they need.
“Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” —Marion C. Garretty
39. Moms can do anything.
“My mother is a walking miracle.” -Leonardo Dicaprio
40. Moms can relax only if they know their children are safe.
“Ultimately, as long as my kid is alright, everything is fine. I think motherhood puts everything into perspective. I really do.” —Keira Knightley
41. A mother’s love is truly one of a kind.
“I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.” —Wayne F. Winters
42. A mom always needs to hear she is loved.
“Call your mother. Tell her you love her. Remember, you’re the only person who knows what her heart sounds like from the inside.” —Rachel Wolchin
43. It’s scary how quickly moms can find out information.
“A worried mother does better research than the FBI.” —Anonymous
44. Moms always know everything happens for a reason.
“She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.” —Proverbs 31:25
45. Tired? No, moms can’t be tired, right?
“Being a mom has made me really tired and so happy.” —Tina Fey
46. What flower would your mom be?
“If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” —Stevie Wonder
47. I swear, moms are psychic.
“A mother understands what a child does not say.” —Jewish Proverb
48. A daughter always needs a mom.
“A son is a son until he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.” —Irish Proverb
49. Moms would not be moms without patience.
“Patience is the mother of success.” —Vietnamese Proverb
50. Moms sacrifice nice things because they love their children.
“Becoming a mom to me means that you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.” —Nia Vardalos
51. Some days are tough and sweets are the answer.
“Parenthood is: Telling your kids they can’t eat brownies for breakfast, then eating brownies for breakfast after they leave for school.” —@MidgardMomma
52. Moms shape the next generation.
“There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
53. Who else would you run to?
“Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson
54. Moms believe their children can do anything.
“Mama looked into me and saw something worth believing in, long before I believed in myself.” —Keion Jackson
55. It’s the truth.
“In the end, mothers are always right. No one else tells the truth.” —Randy Susan Meyers.
56. She can conquer anything, but a stroller is her downfall.
“I’ve conquered a lot of things … blood clots in my lungs — twice … knee and foot surgeries … winning Grand Slams being down match point … to name just a few, but I found out by far the hardest is figuring out a stroller!” —Serena Williams
57. Moms always know what to do to make their children smile.
“My mom is a hard worker. She puts her head down and she gets it done. And she finds a way to have fun. She always says, ‘Happiness is your own responsibility’.” —Jennifer Garner
58. Moms see their children as the best thing in the world.
“There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” —Chinese Proverb
59. Parenting is hard. Sometimes you have to improvise.
“Always remember where you put your kid. Don’t let your kid drive until their feet can reach the pedals. Use the right size diapers … For yourself. And, when in doubt, make funny faces.” —Amy Poehler
60. Moms are like yo-yos.
“From what I gather, motherhood is repeatedly getting up after having sat down 2 minutes ago.” —@draggingfeeties
61. It’s scary how similar a child is to its mother.
“Everyday I wake up and think —How on earth did I become this much like my mother.” —Purewow
62. Because who else would know?
“A mother is the person you can always call to see how long the chicken lasts in the fridge.” —Purewow
63. Mom’s love shapes a child into who they are.
“He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark.” —Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone J.K. Rowling
64. Moms help their daughters be moms.
“Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.” —Unknown
65. Again, just improvise.
“When you have children, you realize you can’t plan anything. There’s no plan A, No plan B. Life will happen and you will go with it.” —Jennifer Lopez
66. Moms never want to know what is on their shirt.
“Having a two-year-old is like having a blender that you don’t have the top for.” —Jerry Seinfeld
67. Right now matters the most.
“Motherhood has taught me about living in the moment. Our children don’t remember yesterday. They don’t plan for tomorrow. They just exist in the moment. Be with them.” —Jill Costa
68. Mom’s greatest feeling is when she holds her baby.
“Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” —Lin Yutang
69. Safety is in moms arms.
“A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” —Victor Hugo
70. Mom’s must be saints.
“Heaven is at the feet of mothers.” —Arabic Proverb
71. Children make moms strive to be the best they can be.
“My favorite thing about being a mom is just what a better person it makes you on a daily basis.” —Drew Barrymore
72. Sometimes emotions take over.
“I have found being a mother has made me emotionally raw in many situations. Your heart is beating outside your body when you have a baby.” —Kate Beckinsale
73. Moms are always bursting with love.
“Motherhood is heart-exploding, blissful hysteria.” —Olivia Wilde
74. Moms are never just moms.
“‘Oh, I’m just a mom,’ you heard women say. Just a mom? Please! Being a mom is everything. It’s mentorship, it’s inspirational, and it’s our hope for the future.” —Sally Field
75. A mom’s love is something that cannot be compared to.
“ It is full of complex emotions of joy, exhaustion, love, and worry, all mixed together. Your fundamental identity changes overnight.” —Kate Middleton