Want to do marriage registration? In the following article, It has been explained – how to apply marriage certificate online, what are the documents required for a marriage certificate, eligibility, fees, etc.
Registration of Marriage in Urban Local Bodies is being carried out under The Haryana Compulsory Registration of Marriage Act, 2008 and The Haryana Compulsory Registration of Marriage Rules, 2008 irrespective of caste, creed, and religion.
- Both bridegroom and bride completed the age of 21 and 18 years respectively at the time of marriage.
- The parties should not be of unsoundness of mind of such a nature as to be unable to give valid consent for the marriage, or suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and procreation of children, or has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity.
- The parties should not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship.
Presentation of application and Fees:
- Within 90 days of marrriage- INR 100/-
- After 90 days and within 1 year of marriage- INR 150/-
- After 1 year of marriage or marriages solemnized before the commencement of the Act 2008 and not registered earlier- INR 200/-
Documents Required for Marriage Registration
- Age proof of Husband (Anyone of the following) Birth Certificate.
- Age proof of Wife (Anyone of the following) Birth Certificate.
- Residential Proof (Anyone of the following) Election Card.
- Marriage Photos. Marriage Invitation Card.
- Witness(3) Aadhaar Card or Any Id Card.
- 6 Joint photos of Bride and Bridegroom. If Registration is done after one year, then 7 photos are required.
How to apply for marriage Certificate: Online Procedure
- Visit to www.mcg,gov.in
- Select Marriage Registration
- Read all the necessary details and select “Click Here to Apply”
- Fill the Form after registration
- Submit the application along with supporting documents
- Get an appointment for couple and witnesses to visit the registrar office
- Visit of the couple & witnesses to the registrar office
- Regular follow up with marriage registrar office for marriage certificate status
- Issue of marriage certificate and dispatch of it to the client
Approximate time required for Processing – 20-25 days