Here’s a listing of near to everything you can say to Google voice commands. Try experimenting with totally different phrasing, you’ll be shocked how much it understands. The part of the phrase in the list can be replaced with any similar term you choose.
We searched high and low for an entire list of Google voice commands but came up short. therefore we place one along ourselves. Below is a list of commands we’ve verified work on android. Odds are it’s not entirely complete since Google didn’t share one with us — we asked.
If “Ok Google” doesn’t get your spoken commands right, you can correct it by saying “No, I said…” and trying the words again.
You can activate the voice commands by saying any of the command below:
- Ok Google
- Okay Google
- Hey Google
Essential OK Google commands
- Open [app name]. Example: “Open Gmail.”
- Go to [website]. Example: “Go to KillerTricks.com.”
- Call [contact name]. Example: “Call Dad.”
- Text or Send text to [contact name]. Example: “I am busy right now I’ll call you later”
- Start a list for [list name].
- Send Hangout message to [contact name].
- Remind me to [do a task]. Example: “Remind me Peter’s Birthday on 7/5/17” will give you a time-based reminder.
- Show me my pictures from [location]. Example: “Show Justin Bieber pictures from San Francisco.”
- Show me my calendar.
- Where is my next meeting?
- When’s my next meeting?
- Email or Send email. Example: “Email Peter subject Hi peter I need your notebook.”
- Show me my last messages. This will present a list of recent messages, and read them to you, giving you a chance to reply.
- Create a calendar event or Schedule an appointment. Ex.: “Create appointment Diner with Issa Bella.”
- Set an alarm for a specific time. Example: “Set alarm at 5:30 a.m.” Or “Set alarm for 10 minutes from now.”
- Set a timer for [whatever you want to] minutes.
- Note to self [contents of note].
- Post to Twitter.
- Post to Google+
- Show me [from app drawer] apps. Example: “Show me google apps.”
- Start a run.
- Show me emails from [contact name].
Search Command for Ok Google
- Basic search queries. Example: “Neymar Jr.”
- When is [special event]. Example: “When is the next FIFA World Cup?”
- Define [word]. Example: “Define Google”
- Synonyms for [word].
- The etymology of [word].
- What is [phrase]? Example: “What is DHONDU?”
- What’s the phone number of [your friend name]?