Who is Atticus?
Odds are, you’ve probably been stopped in your tracks by one of these before — an image of a short, simple love quote in old-school typewriter-like font, packed with an insane amount of insight/emotion/eloquence and simply signed “Atticus.”
With 1.2 million followers on Instagram and growing, the poet, who famously appears in public only if wearing a mask to conceal his identity, is now a New York Time bestselling author, having published two collections of his poetry — Love Her Wild (2017) and The Dark Between Stars (2018). His third, The Truth About Magic, is due to be released in September 2019.
Who is Atticus?
We were dying to know who this mysterious modern-day bard is, too, but when we reached out via email, he insisted on remaining anonymous.
- He’s from British Columbia
- He’s “in the kind of older 20s” (or he was as of 2017)
- He bounces around a lot between Canada, Europe and L.A. (living in Venice Beach when he’s there)
- He wears a mask at public events less to protect his identity and more “as a symbol to ‘remind himself to always write what he feels instead of what he thinks he should feel.'”
We may not know much about Atticus, but one thing’s for sure: this poet knows an awful lot about love and life.
Whether you’re in love, heartbroken, or simply enjoying life, we can all agree that these words profoundly stir our very souls.
For all the lovers and broken-hearted alike, here are 16 of the best love quotes from Atticus’ Instagram love poems.
1. Because we all crave love, no matter how bad it can hurt …
“It seems to me, that love could be labeled poison and we’d drink it anyways.”
2. Love someone for all they are, not just what’s on the outside …
“She had the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and it took only her laugh to realize that beauty was the least of her.”
3. Because imperfection is beautiful …
“She was so flawed, so perfectly flawed, so perfectly flawed for me.”
4. A simple touch can mean everything.
“The words never meant much, that’s not how …Continue Reading