Love is in the air.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, but love has around for centuries.
They say that love doesn’t need words and in some aspects, that’s true. But a successful relationship thrives with good communication between partners. Communication is key, and quotes are often a helpful tool when you can’t find the words to say.
Telling your significant other how much you love them is a big part of Valentine’s Day.
On this special occasion, looking at Valentine’s Day quotes and sayings about love can do a world of good.
We took the time to do the hard for you and found the best quotes about love to make your day as romantic and full of emotion as it should be. While saying “I love you” is certainly meaningful in itself, switching up how you say that special little phrase can be so impactful.
Certain words have the power to inspire and encourage love in all our hearts. You might even find exactly what you’re looking for in terms of the right words to say.
Below are 100 love quotes and sayings perfect to share with your partner this Valentine’s Day.
1. When your S.O. has become your home.
“She knew she loved him when ‘home’ went from being a place to being a person.” — E. Leventhal
2. When they bring you peace.
“You’re my favorite place to go to when my mind searches for peace.” — Unknown
3. When you are always thinking of them.
“In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
4. When your favorite memories are with them.
“I never want to stop making memories with you.” — Pierre Jeanty
5. When he looks at you in that special way.
“He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. When his love conquers all.
“His love roared louder than her demons.” — Unknown
7. When you lose control, but in a good way.
“I didn’t plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us.” — The Notebook
8. When you realize they’ve always been the one.
“It was always you.” — Unknown
9. When they make you want to love again.
“I didn’t want to fall in love or need someone. I really didn’t want anything. But then, you appeared and I started wanting everything.” — Unknown
10. When you are madly in love with everything about them.
“I still haven’t figured out how to sit across from you, and not be madly in love with everything you do.” — William C. Hannan
11. When you know you won’t find this kind of love ever again.
“There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. When your love story feels like a fairytale.
“Fight for the fairy tale it does exist.” — Joy. F
13. When meeting them was a melody.
“Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite.” — Unknown
14. When they’re your whole heart.
“You’re all my heart ever talks about.” — Unknown
15. When you’ve found your soulmate.
“I have found the one whom my soul loves.” — Song of Solomon 3:4
16. When you love them more and more each day.
“I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
17. When they give you butterflies.
“Thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like.” — Unknown
18. When he reminds you of all the beautiful things.
“He was Christmas morning, crimson fireworks and birthday wishes.” — Raquel Franco
19. When your soul recognizes theirs.
“And then my soul saw you and it kind of went “Oh there you are. I’ve been looking for you.” — Unknown
20. When your souls are the same.
“He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” — Emily Bronte
21. When you can’t be together for whatever reason.
“It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can’t have them in your arms.” — Unknown
22. When your hearts appear to be the same.
“There is my heart, and then there is you, and I’m not sure there is a difference.” — A.R. Asher
23. When they are all you’ll ever need.
“All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” — Ed Sheeran
24. When they become your everything.
“You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E. E. Cummings
25. When no one else in the world can take their place.
“In all the world there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
26. When he accepts you at your worst.
“Real love doesn’t meet you at your best. It meets you in your mess.” — Unknown
27. When you find a special kind of love in them.
“You found parts of me I didn’t know existed and in you, I found a love I no longer believed was real.” — Unknown
28. When you can see them your future.
“I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.” — Unknown
29. When you feel like committing fully to them.
“This thing we’re doing here, you, me. I’m in. I am all in.” — Luke Danes, “Gilmore Girls”
30. When your feelings for them are intense.
“I could start fires with what I feel for you.” — Unknown
31. When even their smile drives you crazy.
“Hey, I wanted to tell you…That smile of yours drives me crazy.” — Unknown
32. When they are the highlight of your life.
“I want you to continue being the absolute best part of my life.” — E.S.
33. When you want to be with them until the very end.
“I want to be with you until my last page.” — A.R. Asher
34. When they make your heart smile.
“You make my heart smile.” — Unknown
35. When you catch them looking at you.
“I love it when I catch you looking at me.” — Unknown
36. When no words can describe how you feel for them.
“And yes, there are over a million words in our language but for some reason, none of them can describe the way you make me feel.” — R.M. Drake
37. When the knowledge that they love you, too, fills you up with joy.
“The happiest I’ve ever felt was that moment I discovered you loved me too.” — Unknown
38. When their face is what you want to wake up to.
“I want to wake up at 2 am, roll over, see your face, and know that I’m right where I’m supposed to be.” — Unknown
39. When they make you feel lucky.
“Sometimes I look at you and I wonder how I got to be so damn lucky.” — Unknown
40. When every compliment becomes an understatement.
“You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known — and even that is an understatement.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
41. When giving them your heart is the best thing you ever did in your life.
“If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you.” — Unknown
42. When it even feels special when you do nothing together.
“Sitting next to you doing absolutely nothing means absolutely everything to me.” — Unknown
43. When feeling loved by them is the best feeling.
“Feeling loved by you. My favorite feeling.” — Unknown
44. When they mean the world to you.
“You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you.” — Unknown
45. When you’re willing to wait forever for them.
“I hate waiting. But if waiting means being able to be with you, I’ll wait for as long as forever to be with you.” — Unknown
46. When you fall in love with the most unexpected person.
“The best love story is when you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.” — Unknown
47. When their voice is your favorite sound.
“Your voice is my favorite sound.” — Unknown
48. When they make reality more beautiful than any dreams you ever had.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
49. When they have the power to make you laugh no matter what.
“You make me laugh even when I don’t want to smile.” — Unknown
50. When you want to do everything with them.
“I wish I’d done everything on earth with you.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
51. When they’re always on your mind.
“You’re kinda, sorta, basically, pretty much always on my mind.” — Unknown
52. When you seem to be falling for them more every day.
“I’ll never finish falling in love with you.” — Nicole Williams
53. When you love yourself because of them.
“I love my eyes when you look into them. I love my name when you say it. I love my heart when you touch it. I love my life when you are in it.” — Unknown
54. When they never leave your mind.
“If you asked me how many times you’ve crossed my mind I would say once because you never really left…” — Unknown
55. When you are ready to be theirs.
“I’d be his if he asked.” — Unknown
56. When just looking into their eyes can bring about powerful emotions.
“I remember the first day I ever looked into your eyes and felt my entire world flip.” — Unknown
57. When you are utterly and completely in love.
“I was, and I remain, utterly and completely and totally in love with you.” — Unknown
58. When you can see your future in them.
“Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” — Unknown
59. When you know you won’t find this kind of love again.
“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”— Paulo Coelho
60. When you love each other deeply.
“Above all else love each other deeply.” — 1 Peter 4:8
61. When you don’t feel like keeping any scores.
“Love…keeps no record of wrongs.” — 1 Corinthians 13:5
62. When you know your love for them isn’t going to change.
“I am yours. No refunds.” — Unknown
63. When you realize just how lucky you are to have found your person.
“Some people search their whole lives to find what I found in you.” — Unknown
64. When just making memories with them becomes a hobby.
“Making memories with you is my favorite thing to do.” — Radbag
65. When they love you regardless of how you feel about yourself.
“Be with someone who loves you harder on the days you can’t love yourself at all.” — Unknown
66. When words can’t express just how much you love them.
“I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” — Ben Folds
67. When saying goodbye is difficult.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — Winnie the Pooh
68. When everything they do becomes special.
“I talk about you like you put stars in the sky.” — Unknown
69. When they have become everything to you.
“In you, I’ve found the love of my life and my closest, truest friend.” — Unknown
70. When distance can’t keep you apart.
“Loving someone you don’t see every day is not a bad thing. It’s just a proof that love is not in sight but in the heart.” — Unknown
71. When he brightens your world.
“He broke down her walls without her even noticing. And when he rebuilt the walls he added windows to let the sunshine in.” — Unknown
72. When you realize that you have to water your love.
“We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watching it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.” — John Lennon
73. When they accept all of you.
“I think the most beautiful thing you could ever experience is finding someone who wants your all. Even if your all is a mess.” — Nomoreus
74. When the idea of living without them becomes unthinkable.
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” — Diamond Hedge
75. When he invests time in you.
“A woman can always tell if a man loves her by how much time he is willing to invest. Money spent is meaningless, but the time spent is priceless.” — Unknown
76. When your love grew gradually.
“The first time I met you it wasn’t love at first sight my love for you formed gradually. Your personality, your voice, your hair, your eyes, your humor, the way you looked away and smiled, gradually it all came clear to me you were exactly what I was looking for.” — A.R.
77. When you want them to be your last.
“I want all my lasts to be with you.” — Unknown
78. When just being with them is enough.
“And we are in bed together laughing and we don’t care about anything.” — Charles Bukowski
79. When you know that you will always choose them.
“And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” — The Chaos of Stars
80. When you know what it takes to build a successful relationship.
“No relationship is all sunshine. But two can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.” — Unknown
81. When they help you become the best version of yourself.
“Because of you I can feel myself slowly but surely becoming the me I have always dreamed of being.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
82. When all the love songs remind you of them.
“And suddenly all the love songs were about you.” — Unknown
83. When they make you feel not-so alone.
“Holding hands is a promise to one another that, for just a moment, the two of you don’t have to face the world alone.” — Unknown
84. When you want all of them.
“The right person will eventually find their way to you.” — Unknown
85. When they are the one you’ve been waiting for.
“The right person will eventually find their way to you.” — Unknown
86. When the miles between you mean nothing.
“Distance means so little when someone means so much.” — Unknown
87. When you let your guard down for them.
“To love at all is to be vulnerable.” — C.S. Lewis
88. When their hug can erase all past hurts.
“One day someone is going to hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces will stick back together.” — Unknown
89. When they love you even when you can’t love yourself.
“I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn’t love myself.” — Unknown
90. When you lose yourself thinking of them.
“My mind wanders and I get lost in thoughts of you…” — Unknown
91. When making them smile brings you joy.
“I like it when you smile. But I love it when I’m the reason.” — Unknown
92. When they make you feel alive.
“Love is not just something that happens to you: it is a certain special way of being alive.” — Thomas Merton
93. When you know your love is built to outlast storms.
“And in those moments when you feel afraid to trust love, remember that I have crossed a great ocean of loneliness to find you. Mine is not a fair-weather heart. It was built to outlast storms.” — John Mark Green
94. When their whispers can awaken your very soul.
“I cannot remember exactly the first time your soul whispered to mine, but I know you woke it. And it has never slept since.” — JmStorm
95. When you share something deeper than love.
“We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
96. When you don’t want to love anyone else.
“What I have with you, I don’t want anyone else.” — Unknown
97. When your love inspires odd jealousies.
“When people ask what I see in you, I just smile and look away because I’m afraid if they knew they’d fall in love with you too.” — Unknown
98. When they occupy all of your heart.
“Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” — Audre Lorde
99. When they make you feel you’re home.
“Falling for him wasn’t falling at all. It was walking into a house and suddenly know you’re home.” — R.I.D.
100. When you just know.
“When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” — William Shakespeare