Life’s tough. Make it funnier.
Life isn’t easy.
There are times where we think absolutely nothing good will happen to us. There are days where it seems everything is falling apart and we can’t seem to get anything right.
With the good moments in life come the bad, and it can be hard to find the light on a dark day. They say laughter is the best medicine, but they also probably haven’t had multiple bad days in a row where nothing seems funny anymore.
When life gets rough, the best thing you can do is find humor and laughter during a bad day. Poke fun at your mistakes and laugh at the unfortunate tale that is your life – you’re not the only one who has ever said something stupid to someone you liked or dealt with the death of a pet. From little life blunders to major tragic events, there is always room for a few laughs that make your sad tears turn into happy ones.
Here are 15 funny quotes about life, sarcastic jokes and witty quips to remind you that even on the darkest of days where things seem super heavy, there is always time for a quick joke between friends to lighten the mood.
We all have bad days – it is fighting to find the good parts in those days that really matter.
1. When you thought you found a next level parking spot on a busy day
“You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ‘Parking Fine.'” – Tommy Cooper
2. When any birthday past the age of 21 rolls around
“I don’t need you to remind me of my age. I have a bladder that will do that for me.” – Stephen Fry
3. Sometimes, the hardest part of the week is simply just a Monday morning
“Tuesday is a terrific day because it means I got through Monday.” – Unknown
4. Anger Management 101
“When you’re angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.” – Mark Twain
5. When in doubt, wine it out
“Wine is constant proof that God loves to see us happy.” – Benjamin Franklin
6. Most of our problems are made worse by our over thinking
“I’ve got 99 problems and 86 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I’m stressing about for no absolutely no logical reason.” – Unknown
7. Because isn’t life just one major game on Twister?
“When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, ‘PLOT TWIST!’ and move on.” – Unknown
8. The four most important things anyone needs when having a bad day
“I can’t tell if I need a hug, an XL coffee, 6 shots of vodka, or 2 weeks of sleep right about now.” – Unknown
9. What is the your favorite F word?
“Friday. My SECOND favorite F word.” – Unknown
10. The only subscriptions you need right now are to Vogue, Marie Claire, and Rolling Stone
“Please cancel my subscription to all of your many issues.” – Unknown
11. The best way to handle a bad day is with a cookie in one hand and a brownie in the other
“Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!” – Unknown
12. When your day sucked and you come home to see your once perfectly straightened hair turned into a tangled ball of fluff
“That awkward moment when you get home and look at yourself in the mirror thinking … did I really look like that all day?” – Unknown
13. After a long day, sometimes all you wanna do is go use your 2 for 1 dollar coupon at the grocery store
“You know your life has changed when going to the grocery store by yourself is like taking a vacation.” – Unknown
14. Urban Dictionary is going somewhere with this one
“Deja Moo: The moment when you’ve heard that Bull before.” – Unknown
15. And lastly, can’t people just stick to the perfectly orchestrated script your made up in your head?
“I hate it when I plan my day and nobody follows the script.” – Unknown