A chapter that has now come to an end.
Losing a friend is probably the worst form of heart break.
After confiding in someone and telling them all of your secrets, it can be hard to let go and move on after they’ve done you wrong. Especially if you felt like this person was your best friend, it is devastating to cut them out of your life.
As we grow up, we see friends come and go; certain friends from high school may remain with us for a lifetime, while others just disappear after college begins. We make friends at the office who remain simply “work friends,” while some of our co workers are worthy of a drink or two after hours. Growing up and out of friends is normal — we all need to find ourselves and the people we want in our corner.
However, when you start to realize that certain so-called “friends” are actually bad news, it can be a huge bummer.
Here are 15 bad friend quotes about the toxic friends that need to stay out of your life ASAP. If you find yourself giving someone who hurt you a million chances, know you’re giving them a million more times to stab you in the back.
We should all be advocates for second chances, but when it comes to a bad friend … one is all they should get before you kick them to the curb. It’s 2019 and we do not need negativity in our lives!
1. The hardest pill to swallow.
“Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends aren’t really your friends.” – Unknown
2. How many pennies do we end up just throwing in our wallet and forgetting about?
“Sometimes friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.” – Unknown
3. Losing a friend means having room to gain another.
“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realized I never had one.” – Unknown
4. Your inner circle, no matter how small, is the most important.
“As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have a ton of friends, and more important to have real ones.” – Unknown
5. A real friend will always be there to lend a helping hand.
“True friends will always find a way to help you. Fake friends will always find an excuse.” – Unknown
6. Any person who feels the need to be better than you is not your friend.
“A fake friend likes to see you do well, but not better than them.” – Unknown
7. Never feel sad about losing a person who never considered themselves your friend in the first place.
“You don’t lose friends, because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” – Mandy Hale
8. Cancel your subscription to their issues.
“Let go of the people who dull your shine, poision your spirit, and bring your drama.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
9. Losing one friend will make you appreciate the friends you still do have.
“In life, we never lose friends, we only learn who the true ones are.” – Unknown
10. That toxic friend will receive what’s coming for them.
“People who create their own drama deserve their own KARMA.” – Unknown
11. Sometimes the prettiest people have the ugliest hearts.
“Sweetie, if you’re going to be two faced, at least make one of them pretty.” – Marilyn Monroe
12. Everything can change once your so-called “BFF” gets into a relationship.
“Remember me? I was your friend when you were single?” – Unknown
13. A bad friend can be right under your nose.
“Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.” – Unknown
14. Be the type of friend you would want to attract.
“Be as sincere as you want your friends to be. Don’t lie out of your nose and expect your friends to be the kind people you are not. Fake attracts fake.” – Unknown
15. Never let a friend cause unnecessary stress. Life is too short!
“Friendships are meant to be enjoyable, not tense or anxiety provoking.” – Unknown