The queen of the Upper East Side never takes no for an answer.
The CW Network’s teen drama television show, Gossip Girl, curated some of the most quotable characters in TV teen drama history. The most iconic being Blair Waldorf — queen of the Upper East Side — who was played by Leighton Meester. Even without her copy-cat minions or handsome (and powerful) boyfriend Chuck Bass — played by Ed Westwick — by her side, Waldorf could handle any situation that came her way.
She was fearless, confident, and taught all young girls and women alike to be their own boss.
The TV series revolved around rich (and not so rich) teenagers living in New York City. They gossiped (duh), laughed, cried, and shopped. In the Upper East Side, nothing was off limits and there were no rules to making a claim to fame and fortune.
Blair Waldorf always knew what she wanted. She never took no for an answer — especially from men in power. She dressed how she wanted to and acted with grace, poise, and all around sass.
Serena Vanderwoodsen, Blair’s best friend on the show, played by Blake Lively, went to “B” several times when she needed advice or help. Blair’s advice was always simple: Know your worth!
“B” believed girls are powerful and should not be toyed with. She was always in charge of her own future and never had a problem with knowing her own worth.
Whether it be about boys, money, school, family or her future, Blair Waldorf tackled any drama the best way she knew how — with a confident stride and strong personality that never wavered.
Even though Gossip Girl and Blair Waldorf aren’t able to grace our TV screens weekly anymore (unless you have Netflix), that doesn’t mean you still can’t learn a lot from the queen of the Upper East Side.
Here are 15 iconic lines from Waldorf and the best Blair Waldorf quotes to remind you to always put yourself first and know your worth.
1. Blair Waldorf always wants us to seek a person’s true intentions.
“She likes to see the best in people, I like to see the truth” – Blair Waldorf
2. Blair always welcomed new chapters in her life as new opportunities.
“The thing about new beginnings is that they require something else to end” – Blair Waldorf
3. “I want it, I got it” was the motto way before Ariana Grande rapped it.
“If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it” – Blair Waldorf
4. All that sweet princess stuff is for losers, according to Blair Waldorf.
“You need to be cold to be a queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off” – Blair Waldorf
5. Blair Waldorf believed making people fear you made them respect you.
“You can’t make people love you, but you can make them fear you” – Blair Waldorf
6. Blair believed that if something isn’t serving you, you waste your time.
“I have an idea for you: quit. Your boss is a bit**. Let’s go get lunch” – Blair Waldorf
7. So much can be accomplished in one day, even if you aren’t Blair Waldorf.
“They say Rome was built in a day. And yet what a difference a day makes” – Blair Waldorf
8. Having a little confidence in yourself is key to success.
“Some people are simply better than others” – Blair Waldorf
9. Throw out all those old clothes and start building your new wardrobe.
“We all try on old clothes from time to time, and we might even be suprised when they still fit, but that doesn’t mean we should wear them again, ever” – Blair Waldorf
10. Blair Waldorf was always in charge of her own destiny.
“See, that’s where you and I are different. I would never put my fate in someone else’s hands. And that’s why I always win and you always lose” – Blair Waldorf
11. If things don’t work out, treat yourself — Blair Waldorf style.
“Well, here’s my advice: have a little faith, and if that doesn’t work, a lot of mimosas” – Blair Waldorf
12. No boy can make you feel powerful, even if his name is Chuck Bass and he owns an empire.
“Oh, my life is so bountiful. I don’t need a boyfriend to feel fulfilled” – Blair Waldorf
13. If Blair Waldorf can survive without Chuck Bass, we all can survive.
“As you can see I survived without you” – Blair Waldorf
14. Blair Waldorf is a servant to nobody, and either are you.
“We’re not servants to our emotions. We can control them, suppress them, stomp them out like bugs” – Blair Waldorf
15. And you are the caviar.
“Once men have tasted caviar, it baffles me how they settle for catfish” – Blair Waldorf