For those who love love.
Music is everywhere, especially pop songs in particular. They’re the soundtrack of our lives and sweet, catchy love songs are always a hit, even if you don’t want to admit it.
I know for fact that I wouldn’t be able to function without music. It gets me through the day and I’m so thankful for that. Imagine having to drive around everywhere in silence? Yikes!
I’ve loved pop music all my life and most of those songs are about love in one way or another. Our favorite pop songs about being in love do a pretty good job at capturing that feeling and reminding us of the importance of love. You don’t realize it until you’re in love yourself and start listening to the actual lyrics of the songs.
Some songs are more upbeat and fun, while others are slower and sweet, but they all show how amazing love is.
You’ve probably listened to a handful of these songs on the list and never realized how sweet some of the lyrics are in them. Maybe you were just listening for the tunes, not the words, but pop songs remind us of the importance of love and its impact on each and every one of us. Falling in love is one of the best feelings in the world and if you’re lucky enough to be in love with someone at the moment or you have previously been head over heels for someone, you’ll know exactly what these quotes are talking about.
Next time you’re playing one of these pop songs, listen to the lyrics and find the heart of the song behind the beat. Here are 25 of the best pop song lyrics and song quotes about being in love.
1. When the thought of him gets you excited.
“You drive me crazy, I just can’t sleep. I’m so excited, I’m in too deep.” —Britney Spears, “(You Drive Me) Crazy”
2. When you’re always in his heart.
“Take a piece of my heart and make it all your own, so when we are apart, you’ll never be alone.” — Shawn Mendes, “Never Be Alone”
3. When he makes you smile nonstop.
“And suddenly you’re all I need, the reason why I smile.” — Avril Lavigne, “Smile”
4. When your lover is also your best friend.
“Let me tell you a story about a girl and a boy. He fell in love with his best friend, when she’s around he feels nothing but joy.” — Justin Bieber, “Fall”
5. When everything about you is so amazing to him.
“Your lipstick stain is a work of art, I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart.” — 5 Seconds of Summer, “She Looks So Perfect”
6. When the stars were aligned for your love.
“My dreams running into your dreams. It’s as if we wished on the same star.” — Sabrina Carpenter, “On Purpose”
7. When you love them for who they are.
“Everyone comes with scars, but you can love them away.” — Fifth Harmony, “No Way”
8. When he makes your bad days better.
“You are my sunrise on the darkest day.” — Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber, “Despacito”
9. When he holds the key to your heart.
“Your heart is all I own. And in your eyes you’re holding mine.” — Ed Sheeran, “Perfect”
10. When he’s your mirror.
“I’m looking right at the other half of me.” — Justin Timberlake, “Mirrors”
11. When he’s all you can think about.
“You’re stuck in my head and I can’t get you out of it.” — Selena Gomez, “Back To You”
12. When you love everything about him.
“I’m in love with you and all these little things.” — One Direction, “Little Things”
13. When you’re a dynamic duo.
“We’ve got that love, the crazy kind. I am his and he is mine, in the end it’s him and I.” — G-Eazy and Halsey, “Him & I”
14. When you’d go anywhere as long as he’s next to you.
“We can go anywhere we want. Drive down to the coast, jump in the sea, just take my hand and come with me.” — Benny Blanco, Halsey and Khalid, “Eastside”
15. When every love song reminds you of him.
“I love you like a love song baby, and I keep hitting repeat.” — Selena Gomez, “Love You Like a Love Song”
16. When you don’t want anyone but him.
“Don’t wanna know another kiss. No other name falling off my lips.” — Lady Gaga, “I’ll Never Love Again”
17. When you never lose feelings for him no matter how long you’ve been together.
“After all this time I’m still into you.” — Paramore, “Still Into You “
18. When you want them forever.
“Let’s love like there’s no goodbyes.” — Dua Lipa, “No Goodbyes”
19. When you hope death can’t even separate you.
“I wanna live with you even when we’re ghosts.” — James Arthur, “Say You Won’t Let Go”
20. When he makes your rainy days feel sunny.
“It felt like summer when I kissed you in the rain.” — Lady Gaga, “Is That Alright?”
21. When he takes over your brain.
“I’m all strung out, my heart is fried. I just can’t get you off my mind.” — Kesha, “Your Love Is My Drug”
22. When you can’t imagine someone loving you as much as you love them.
“When you say you love me, know I love you more.” — Miley Cyrus, “Adore You”
23. When you’re in love with who he is.
“I love you just the way you are.” — Billy Joel, “Just the Way You Are”
24. When you feel so lucky to have him.
“You are the best thing, that’s ever been mine.” — Taylor Swift, “Mine”
25. When his heart is your home.
“Two hearts and one home.” — Harry Styles, “Sweet Creature”