The true definition of being loyal is to be “unswerving in allegiance such as being faithful to a private person whom faithfulness is due or being faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product.” That’s a mouthful — but these loyalty quotes and sayings describe the importance of loyalty on an everyday basis.
Anyone can be loyal to any thing, person, or idea. The true meaning of loyalty involves other traits, such as trustworthiness, honesty, and being loving and caring.
Why can’t everyone be loyal to everyone? Why is it so difficult for some people?
Loyalty is a virtue that supports almost every backbone of human interaction, especially relationships, friendships, family, employers, employees, and more.
If you want to learn more about the true meaning of loyalty, here are some inspirational and intuitive lotalty quotes to live by in your everyday life.
1. “I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.” — Carol Bryant
2. “I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.” — Lauren Conrad
3. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” — Ernie Banks
4. “One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives.” — Euripides
5. “Can’t be loyal to everyone, it’s a conflict of interest.” — Tyconis Allison
6. “I look for these qualities and characteristics in people. Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.” — Summer Altice
7. “When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.” — John Cena
8. “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones” — John Lennon
9. “Be loyal to those who are not present. In doing so, you build the trust of those who are present.” — Stephen Covey
10. “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.” — Confucius
11. “It’s not about who is real in your face it’s about who stays loyal behind your back.” — Talin Orfali Ghazarian
12. “Love and loyalty run deeper than blood.” — Richelle Mead
13. “Loyalty is what makes us trust, trust is what makes us stay, staying is what makes us love, and love is what gives us hope.” — Glenn van Dekken
14. “Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others.” — Ada Velez-Boardley
15. “You give loyalty, you’ll get it back. You give love, you’ll get it back.” — Tommy Lasorda
16. “Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” — Taylor Lautner
17. “Loyalty isn’t grey. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” — Sharnay
18. “I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me — they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” — Veronica Roth
The Meaning of Loyalty
19. “Loyalty is a decision, a resolution of the soul.” — Pascal Mercier
20. “Loyalty is something you give regardless of what you get back, and in giving loyalty, you’re getting more loyalty; and out of loyalty flow other great qualities.” — Charles Jones
21. “Loyalty means I am down with you whether you are wrong or right, but I will tell you when you are wrong and help you get it right.” — Anonymous
22. “Loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I’ll like it or not.” — General Colin Powell
The Power of Loyalty
23. “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” — Woodrow T. Wilson
24. “If put to the pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.” — Elbert Hubbard
25. “Where there is loyalty, weapons are of no use.” — Paulo Coelho
26. “My whole thing is loyalty. Loyalty over royalty; word is bond.” — Fetty Wap
27. “The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.” — Michael Jordan
28. “Loyalty is a 24-hour proposition, 24/7. It’s not a part-time job.” — Jonathan Moyo
29. “I’ll take fifty percent efficiency to get one hundred percent loyalty.” — Samuel Goldwyn
30. “Don’t let your loyalty become slavery. If they don’t appreciate what you bring to the table, let them eat alone.” — Anonymous