If you’ve got student debt, raise your hand.
College takes it out of you and your wallet. It’s no secret that college is expensive, so it’s understandable that so many college students are broke, hitting the poverty line with such force that their $1000 textbooks fall out of their backpacks.
While it’s a sad fact, some humor emerges from the reality of broke college students. Of course, you’ll find your innovative broke students, your complaining ones and your broke students who just embrace their poverty head-on.
If you’re in college, you likely know the financial struggles most college students face and can relate to your peers’ tears and anguish on a personal level. However, there’s nothing more relatable than these funny memes about college life.
College memes can show how ridiculously funny your situation can be and how it looks to someone on the outside of it. These college quotes about being a broke student depict the funniest and most relatable moments of your financially challenged college life. After all, let’s face it, not having money has gotten us in some pretty interesting predicaments, so discovering that we’re not alone with our financial difficulties is reassuring that we can graduate and keep on surviving as broke adults for a while, too.
Without further ado, here are the best funny memes about college and quotes for students struggling financially that will make you say, “Yep, that’s so me.”
1. When you need milk, but it’s not in the meal plan.
2. Whenever you ask for money from your parents.
“When your parents ask how you’re doing financially.” — Unknown
3. When you know you’re getting ripped off on your college textbooks.
“Student Special!! $79.95”
4. When even coupons can’t help you save money.
“I wish college had coupons. Buy one semester, get one semester free.” — Unknown
5. When you can’t afford your electricity bill.
6. When your wallet says “no” to you having a social life.
“How am I supposed to have a lit summer with $4.50?” — Unknown
7. When there’s no other way you can pay off your student loan debt.
“I’m looking forward to the Apocalypse since it’s apparently the only way that I won’t have to pay back my student loans.” — Unknown
8. When you live on Ramen noodles.
“Truck carrying Ramen noodles crashes, estimated loss to company, $38.00.” — Unknown
9. When you learn the real cost of living in college.
“Housing: $2,980. Meal plan: $1,457. Books: $1,457. Enrollment: $983. Air: $3,274. Grass: $4,284. Sidewalk: $5,284. The sun: $3,381.” — Unknown
10. When you really need that scholarship.
“Applying for scholarships like …pls” — Unknown
11. When you see things on sale that you can’t afford.
“Look at all these things on sale I cannot buy.” — Unknown
12. When saving every penny counts.
“Go out tonight? Let me see if I can.” — Unknown
13. When you can’t afford the real thing.
14. When you have no idea how you spent all your money already.
“Parents: What happened to all of your money? Me: ” — Unknown
15. When your empty wallet makes you sad inside.
“My wallet is like an onion. When I open it it makes me cry.” — Unknown
16. When you know the real world is coming.
“I’m graduating. Alms for the poor…” — Unknown
17. When your food choices say it all.
“Wasted and Broke ramen noodle soup. My life as a student.” — Unknown
18. When you accidentally have to go on a diet.
“No lunch for me. I’m on a new diet called ‘I have five dollars till Friday.” — Unknown
19. When you find out you have no money left in the bank.
“My face when I check my bank account.” — Unknown
20. When you want to impress people, but you’re poor.
“When you broke but you want to make the house look nice.” — Unknown
21. When student loans rule your adult life.
“My other car is a student loan.” — Unknown
22. When spare change changes your life.
“Hey look, a penny. It’s mine!!” — Unknown
23. When you don’t know another way to live except being broke.
“That’s my secret. I’ve been broke my whole life.” — Unknown
24. When you think you start to understand third world countries.
“I’m so broke I am being sponsored by a kid in Africa.” — Unknown
25. When you question the world.
“Why the f— do inmates get free food, but school kids don’t?” — Unknown
26. When you know your debt does nothing for you.
“Swimming in debt doesn’t count as cardio.” — Unknown
27. When you need that job… for the money.
“No sir, I don’t have any experience, but I’m a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refridgerator. I’d like to put more in that jar, that’s where you come in.” — Unknown
28. When you can’t see yourself with money.
“I’m your B.F.F.: Your broke friend forever.” — Unknown
29. When you find a killer deal on your college textbooks.
“When you find a PDF for your $5000 textbook.” — Unknown
30. When you’ve accepted that you’ve been screwed.
“Nobody screws you over more than the university bookstore.” — Unknown