To the generations that came before you.
Happy Father’s Day, Grandpa!
When you are born, and a grandfather holds you for the first time, there is instant love. A grandchild — especially a granddaughter — has their grandpa wrapped around their little fingers.
Grandfathers mean so very much to their grandchildren. They are a role model, a best friend and they make you feel safe. Grandfathers will do anything to make the world a better place for their grandchildren.
When you are with your grandpa, you feel like you are home. You have someone you can confide in and trust with all of your being. They want to make everything better for you because they never want to see you struggle.
Grandfathers are always in your corner — always there to cheer you on. Grandpas are always proud of you no matter what, and they will never stop loving you — even if they don’t agree with your choices.
Grandpas are ones that will take you places, share the history and want to teach you. They want to expose you to the great wonders of the world. Grandpas are chock full of knowledge that they so desperately want to share with their grandchildren.
I know my grandfather loves to share stories and his experiences. When I was little, he would love to take me and my little brother to museums and historic sites. He has taken us to tour battleships, submarines, wartime museums, art museums and so much more. He always has the best trips planned right down to the smallest details.
This Father’s Day I want my grandfather, PopPop, to know how much I love him. I may not always say it, but I appreciate everything you do for me. You are always there for me with advice, a calm shoulder and a solution for anything and everything. You are one of the greatest gifts God could have ever given me. I love you so much.
So in honor of this Father’s Day 2019, make sure your grandpa knows how important he is to you with these 30 best Father’s Day quotes for grandfathers that you can share to show how much you love him.
1. A grandpa has so many hats.
“A grandfather makes us laugh, makes us feel safe, and always makes us feel loved.” —Kate Summers
2. A grandpa’s heart is full of gold.
“A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.” —Unknown
3. Grandchildren are a blessing.
“To be able to watch your children’s children grow up is truly a blessing from above.” —Byron Pulsifer
4. You don’t know true joy until you are a grandfather.
“Being a grandfather is one of the true joys of life; it is an awesome time.” —Catherine Pulsifer
5. Grandpas provide their grandchildren with wisdom and a sense of security.
“Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as a source of wisdom and security.” —David Jeremiah
6. Grandparents make the best memories with their grandchildren.
“Grandfathers are magicians who create wonderful memories for their grandchildren.” —Unknown
7. A grandpa falls in love from the first moment.
“One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” —Joy Hargrove
8. Grandpas are truly a blessing from God.
“God blessed me with the best grandpa! Happy Father’s Day!” —Unknown
9. A grandpa is always there for their grandchild.
“Grandpa has ears that truly listen, arms that always hold, love that’s never ending and a heart that’s made of gold.” —Unknown
10. Grandpas are the best blessings a child could have.
“When I think of all the blessings in my life, Grandpa, you are right there at the very top of the list!” —Unknown
11. Grandpa’s wisdom will follow you forever.
“Grandpa, your guiding hand will be on my shoulder forever.” —Unknown
12. Grandpas are the most special person in their grandchild’s life.
“Grandfathers are wonderful. Grandfathers are kind. Grandfathers are special And I’m happy you are mine! I wish you a very warm and happy Father’s Day.” —Unknown
13. Grandpas give the best advice.
“My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” —Indira Gandhi
14. Grandpas always give their acceptance and glow with pride of what their grandchildren accomplish.
“My grandfather was smart and had a whole lot of pride. He didn’t speak a terrible amount, but you could tell there was a ton on his mind – like a quiet acceptance of how life had turned out.” —Frank Ocean
15. A grandpa’s love cannot be matched.
“Love is the greatest gift that one generation can leave another.” —Richard Garnett
16. Grandpas are the best role models.
“My grandfather was a wonderful role model. Through him I got to know the gentle side of men.” —Sarah Long
17. Grandpas put everyone else first.
“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands have arthritis too. That’s love.” —Unknown
18. Grandpa’s love is always known.
“Recently I was tenderly hugging one of our precious little five-year-old granddaughters and said to her, ‘I love you, sweetheart.’ She responded rather blandly: ‘I know.’ I asked, ‘How do you know that I love you?’ ‘Because! You’re my grandfather!’” —Russell M. Nelson
19. A grandpa’s example is the best heritage a grandchild could have.
“His heritage to his children wasn’t words or possessions, but an unspoken treasure, the treasure of his example as a man and father.” —Will Rogers Jr.
20. Grandpas make some of the best memories with their grandchildren.
“Grandpa, you made my childhood unforgettable. I love you.” —Unknown
21. Grandpas are always aware of their appearance.
“My grandfather was a very elegant individual. My father also. He was a lawyer and a farmer in Cuba. In Miami, he had to work wherever he could, but whenever it was time to go out, you saw how they cared for how they looked.” —Andy Garcia
22. Grandpas are some of the best friends to their grandchildren.
“A grandfather is not just a role model, but also a great friend.” —Unknown
23. Grandpas always have some of the best stories.
“Grandpas are the wise ole ones that are cuddly as a bear, who always have a neat new trick and story yet to share.” —Katherine E. Harmon
24. Spending time with your grandfather is one of the greatest joys in life.
“My best memory to recall is the gift of your presence the greatest gift of all.” —Rebecca D. Cook
25. Life is full of sweet and prickly experiences.
“My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.” —Louis Adamic
26. Grandpas can be harsh, but they want you to be the best you can be.
“Deep down, I always knew, that you really care for me, your harshness was fake, it was for me to make, the most out of love, I truly love you grandpa, you are and will remain the best in life, love you so much!” —Unknown
27. A great grandfather has been well loved.
“He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.” —Bessie A. Stanley
28. Grandparents make everything in life more magical for their grandchildren.
“Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” —The Fresh Quotes
29. Grandparents show their grandchildren what true love is.
“‘Grandpa, how much do you love grandma?’ ‘Even in our late sixties, that smile on her wrinkled cheeks, still give me butterflies.’” —Abhi
30. Grandpas are terrific and they should be celebrated.
“We’d like to convey our respect and admiration for being a cool grandpa today we celebrate a terrific grandfather.” —Unknown