When you love wine just the right amount.
We have gathered you here today to celebrate something we all love and care about. Something that holds a special place in all of our hearts. Something that inspires and relaxes us, encourages us on our very worst days and cheers us on when no one else does.
Something that brings us together with our friends, coaxes us out of our shells, breaks the ice in any situation and makes parenting a little less insane.
Let’s take a moment to raise a (very full) wine glass to the one thing that never fails to raise our spirits: Wine!
HAPPY NATIONAL WINE DAY!
I don’t know about you, but I can think of many a rough day that was made infinitely better by a glass of wine. It’s one of those things you can turn to in times of joy, and in times of hardship. You’re together for better or worse, one could say.
Whether you’re a white wine, red wine or sparkling wine type of wine person, you have a deep-seated love for the beverage, and you’ll take any opportunity to pour a glass for yourself and all of your friends. This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
National Wine Day is the perfect excuse to grab some friends, pop a bottle (or a few), catch up and then read through this list of the very best wine memes, perfectly suited for this momentous occasion.
After all, National Wine Day only comes once a year. What better way to celebrate than with the perfect wine and some funny memes about wine?
1. Poetry? Or red wine?
“Roses are red. Wine is also red. Poems are hard. Wine.” — Unknown
2. When the cashiers know you a little too well.
“Hello. It’s Me.” — Unknown
3. When someone sets a trap for you.
“How to Kidnap Me.” — Unknown
4. Water? Never heard of her.
“Life is all the stuff you have to do between coffee and wine time.” — Unknown
5. When you’re in the mood for conservation.
“Save water. Drink Wine.” — Unknown
6. A diet plan we can all get behind.
“Starting my fruit juice diet. Bottoms up!” — Unknown
7. When you’re praying for a wine delivery service.
“By now, the wine should know to come out of the store when I honk.” — Unknown
8. What do you mean, one bottle of wine?
“The only thing better than a bottle of wine is two bottles of wine.” — Unknown
9. Parenting is hard.
“A mother’s sacrifice isn’t giving birth…it’s 9 months without wine.” — Unknown
10. Fridays and wine. It just seems obvious.
“You know what rhymes with Friday? Wine.” — Unknown
11. Sounds like love to me!
“It’s a match! You and wine liked each other.” — Unknown
12. Wine = romance.
“Drinking a lot of wine alone is not lonely, it’s romantic.” “Damn, self, you got nice eyes.” — Unknown
13. Checking the forecast like:
“Tonight’s forecast…99% chance of wine.” — Unknown
14. Sometimes, coffee just doesn’t cut it..
“Coffee, you’re on the bench. Alcohol, suit up.” — Unknown
15. I’m just saying wine causes less problems than men do.
“A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the whole world, oh wait, sorry…that’s wine. Wine does that.” — Unknown
16. When you try to spice things up in the kitchen.
“I tried cooking with wine last night…After 5 glasses I forgot why I was in the kitchen.” — Unknown
17. When you’re in the mood to try a new drink recipe.
“Super secret drink recipe. 1. Open wine bottle. 2. Pour into a glass. 3. Enjoy!” — Unknown
18. You’re realistic about your wine intake.
“It’s funny how 8 glasses of water a day seems impossible, but 8 glasses of wine can be done in one meal.” — Unknown
19. I don’t always drink wine…
“I don’t always drink wine. But when I do, I drink the whole bottle.” — Unknown
20. Losing weight means drinking less wine. I’m not ready for that.
“I want to lose weight but not as much as I want to drink wine alone in the darkness.” — Unknown
21. What do you mean, leftover wine?
“The other day someone told me that I could make ice cubes with leftover wine. I was confused… what is leftover wine?” — Unknown
22. There’s no such thing as too much wine.
Me *at a wine tasting*
“I’m getting hints of oak and cocoa finish.” “I’m getting wasted.” — Unknown
23. They tell me wine is cheaper than therapy.
“I’m afraid if I give up wine, I’ll have to replace it with murder.” — Unknown
24. If you are a parent, you deserve wine. Seriously.
“When I ask if your kid wants to have a playdate, what I’m really asking is if you want to come over and ignore our kids and drink wine.” — Unknown
25. Mondays require a little extra push, if you know what I mean.
“Mondays: just hand me my glasses. The bottle is glass right?” — Unknown
26. Once wine is involved, all bets are off.
“I meant to behave but there were too many other options and a lot of wine.” — Unknown
27. By taste wine, I mean drink a bottle.
“One does not simply ‘taste’ wine.” — Unknown
28. When your paycheck hits.
“Walking through the wine aisle after payday.” — Unknown
29. Choose your own adventure.
“Should we drink wine tonight? A) Yes B) A C) B.” — Unknown
30. When you know you’re going to do some liver damage.
“I just bought a case of wine. I have a feeling that my check liver light may come on this weekend.” — Unknown
31. Reduce, reuse, recycle!
“An entire bottle of wine can fit in a starbucks trenta cup? Challenge accepted.” — Unknown
32. You know how to hear what you need to hear.
“My doctor says I need glasses.” — Unknown
33. Happy wife, happy life.
“Domestic bliss, only a bottle of cabernet away.” — Unknown
34. If it works, it works.
“Parenting is mostly just empty threats and full glasses of wine.” — Unknown
35. Everyone needs a wine bucket list.
“My bucket list: 1. Buy bucket. 2. Buy wine. 3. Fill bucket with wine. 4. Drink bucket.” — Unknown
36. A simple guide to beverage glasses.
“Types of beverage glasses.” — Unknown
37. Your bank account is the only thing limiting your love of wine.
“The only type of wine tour I can afford.” — Unknown
38. Why lets kids have all the fun?
“If kids can have an ice cream truck, then adults deserve a wine truck.” — Unknown
39. When there’s no better motivator than wine.
“Exercise makes me feel good, but so does wine.” — Unknown
40. Wine fixes everything.
“One of these things fixes everything. The other is a roll of tape.” — Unknown
41. Half full? More wine.
“Whether you see your glass half-empty or half-full it doesn’t matter. You did not pour enough wine into your glass. Start over.” — Unknown
42. Now this is husband material.
“JUst heard a guy tell his wife she could get all 3 bottles of wine because she couldn’t decide and honestly that’s the support I want.” — Unknown
43. Kids are expensive.
“The most expensive part of having kids is all the wine you have to drink.” — Unknown
44. Sometimes it takes more than elbow grease.
“When it takes more than soap and water to wash away your bad decisions.” — Unknown
45. Cooking is hard.
“I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.” — Unknown