Sometimes in life, we need a fresh start in your career, relationships, or just life in general. If you’re ready for a big change in your life or to move onto new things in life with a clean slate, then these fresh start quotes are for you.
Having a fresh start in life can seem impossible when you feel stuck, and you don’t know what’s going to change when you change the way you’ve been living your life.
A fresh start is important for recognizing who you are and what you want. You should put your needs first if you tend to put others before yourself and learn to be happy no matter what you have to deal with in life.
Don’t beat yourself up if you’re questioning where you are in life right now or if you’re stuck for any reason. Instead, relish the opportunities for a fresh start.
There’s always a power that’s released when you’re able to have a fresh start. Whether it’s forced upon you or you have the ability to create one for yourself, do whatever needs to be done so you can move on and find something or someone new in life.
Need inspiration? Read these fresh start quotes to motivate yourself!
1. “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” — Mary Pickford
2. “Sometimes the best thing we can ask for is change, and a fresh start forces us to confront change head-on.” — Natalya Neidhart
3. “A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
4. “The foundation of a financial fresh start actually has nothing to do with money or specific financial dos and don’ts.” — Suze Orman
5. “I think that with a lot of hard work and dedication, I feel that I could be the best in the world. I’m still only 35 years old… I have a fresh start physically and mentally, and I feel that I can achieve my goal to be the best again.” — Mario Lemieux
6. “Somehow, a scrubbed house spells a fresh start.” — Sheherazade Goldsmith
7. “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!” — C. JoyBell C.
8. “Changing up your home decor is a great way to get a fresh start, especially when going through something like a breakup or a divorce.” — Christina Anstead
9. “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. “You get a new year, you get a new start, you get a new opportunity.” — Billy Butler
11. “What I love best in life is new starts.” — Karl Lagerfeld
12. “There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.” — Buddha
13. “I discovered that a fresh start is a process. A fresh start is a journey — a journey that requires a plan.” — Vivian Jokotade
14. “I like going everywhere. And I love starting new things.” — Antonio Banderas
15. “I’m always learning and trying new things. When you stop learning, you start dying.” — Ellen Burstyn
16. “You don’t have to fight for your life anymore. You’re starting a new one.” — Eric Brown
17. “No one can ever take your memories from you — each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day.” — Catherine Pulsifer
18. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
19. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Herman Hesse
20. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” — Meister Eckhart
21. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” — Mandy Hale
22. “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
23. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” — Catherine Pulsifer
24. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” — T.S. Eliot
25. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
26. “The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.” — Steve Jobs
27. “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” — Jack Kornfield
28. “Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.” — Dale Turner
29. “Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.” — Marsha Petrie Sue
30. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” — Daphne Rose Kingma
31. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” ― Philip Pullman
32. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” — Plato
33. “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill
34. “Sometimes we can only find our true direction when we let the wind of change carry us.” ― Mimi Novic
35. “She was obsessed with the idea of breaking with everything she had ever known or experienced, and starting on something new.” ― Boris Pasternak
36. “The greatest of all capabilities of a human being is to become born again.” ― J.R. Rim
37. “We want a fresh start only because we didn’t sufficiently care for the last fresh start.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
38. “You’ve got a chance to start out all over again. A new place, new people, new sights. A clean slate. See, you can be anything you want with a fresh start.” ― Annie Proulx
39. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” ― Roy T. Bennett
40. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ― Deborah Reber
41. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — J.P. Morgan
42. “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” — Alan Cohen
43. “One can begin so many things with a new person — even begin to be a better man.” — George Eliot
44. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.” — Nido Qubein
45. “Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you.” ― Mandy Hale
46. “Rather than turning the page, it’s much easier to just throw the book away.” ― Anthony Liccione
47. “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ― Germany Kent
Before you go,
subscribe to our newsletter.