While Mother’s Day is a time to celebrate your mother, that can be painful when your own mother is no longer here. That’s why these heartfelt quotes about missing mom who passed away hit so close to home.
After facing and grieving the loss of your mother, it can be incredibly difficult to watch your friends, family members, and even strangers with their mothers, knowing that your mom has passed away and you can’t do the same.
This day of celebration may turn into a day of mourning and nostalgia, but although your mom is no longer with you in a physical sense, her love will forever live within you.
So on a day like Mother’s Day, it’s understandable that you might cry and grieve the fact that she isn’t here with you, but try to also remind yourself that her greatest gift remains — and that gift is you.
This is undoubtedly one of the most difficult days of any year for someone who’s lost their mother.
And finding positive ways to honor and remember your mom on Mother’s Day can be a great way to go about dealing with the grief and getting through the holiday without feeling emotionally drained when it’s over.
One way to get through the day is by reading beautiful quotes and poems that help you remember your mother for the positive effect that she had on your life.
The best quotes about missing mom who passed away if you’re grieving the death of your mother:
1. “The world changes from year to year, our lives from day to day, but the love and memory of you, shall never pass away.”
The memory of you shall never pass away.
2. “I cried endlessly when you died but I promise, I won’t let the tears mar the smiles that you’ve given me when you were alive.”
I won’t let the tears mar the smiles that you’ve given me.
3. “I know you are listening from above. There’s nothing that I value more than your love. No matter where I am or what I’m doing, your memories will always keep me smiling.”
Your memories will always keep me smiling.
4. “Whenever I am missing you, I also remember how fortunate I was that you were in my life. I wouldn’t trade those moments for the world.” — Cindy Adkins
“I also remember how fortunate I was that you were in my life.”
5. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you … I could walk in my own garden forever.” — Alfred, Lord Tennyson
“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you …”
6. “In the blink of an eye, everything can change. So forgive often and love with all your hear. You may never not have that chance again.”
In a blink of an eye, everything can change.
7. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard but always near, still loved, still missed, and held so dear.”
Still loved, still missed.
8. “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
Love leaves a memory.
9. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever.”
Mothers hold their children’s hands.
10. “I’ll always remember the things you have taught me and how much you love me.”
I’ll always remember the things you have taught me.
11. “A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.”
A mom’s hug lasts long.
12. “No matter what age … I’ll always need you, mom.”
I’ll always need my mom.
13. “No daughter and mother should ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” — Christie Watson
No matter the distance between them.
14. “Mother, you left us beautiful memories, your love is still our guide, although we cannot see you, you’re always at our side.”
Your love is still our guide.
15. “Hold dear to your parents for it is a scary and confusing world without them.” — Emily Dickinson
Hold dear to your parents.
16. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day… unseen, unheard, but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.”
They walk beside us every day.
17. “In life, we loved you dearly, in death, we love you still. In our hearts you hold a place, no one else will ever fill.”
We love you still.
18. “Mothers never really die, they just keep the house up in the sky, They polish the sun by day and light the stars that shine at night, keep the moonbeams silvery bright and in the heavenly home above they wait to welcome those they love.” — Helen Steiner Rice
Mothers never really dies.
19. “Mom, I am missing you today but I know that you will always be with me in my heart … I am who I am because of your loving hands. I have my sweet and compassionate soul from watching you and your generosity and kindness to others. I see the world full of wonder because of your imagination. I’ve learned to never give up seeing your drive and perseverance … I love you always and forever …” — Karen Kostyla
You will always be with me in my heart.
20. “A mother’s love is always with her children. Losing a mother is one of the deepest sorrows a heart can know. But her goodness, her caring, and her wisdom live on-like a legacy of love that will always be with you. May that love surround you now and bring you peace.”
A mother’s love is always with her children.
21. “You were my home, Mother. I had no home but you.” — Janet Fitch
We miss our mothers most in death.
22. “There is no death, daughter. People only die when we forget them,” my mother explained shortly before she left me. “If you can remember me, I will be with you always.” — Isabel Allende
You never forget your mom.
23. “I truly never learned what the words ‘I miss you’ were until I reached for my mom’s hand and it wasn’t there.”
I miss you, mom.
24. “In life, we loved you dearly, in death, we love you still. In our hearts you hold a place, no one else will ever fill.”
Your mom will always hold a special place in your heart.
25. “I wish I had the power to take back every pain, worry, and hurt that I ever gave you. I wish that I could just undo, all the moments that made you blue. I miss you, mom.”
Happy mother’s day to mom in heaven.
26. “I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely.” — Renita Weems
Mothers can never be forgotten.
27. “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.” — Helen Keller
Mom becomes a part of you, even after she’s gone.
28. “Had I known that destiny always takes away people you love the most, I would have pretended to hate you endlessly. I miss you, mommy.”
Hold tight on to the memories you have with your mom.
29. “Now I know why you always asked me to be strong… because you know that one day I would need the strength to bear your loss. I miss you, mom.”
Stay strong, even in grief.
30. “Mom, every second spent with you is an opportunity to say I love you. I wish I have been showing you how much I love you even before now. This very moment I am so sad because I can’t find you anytime soon. I miss you!”
Grieving your mother is one of the hardest things to do in life.
31. “My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart – a heart so large that everybody’s joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation.” — Mark Twain
Remember the little things about your mom.
32. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” — Mahatma Gandhi
There are no goodbyes, just “see you later”.
33.”I miss saying “Mom” out loud. I miss not being able to find that special card for you and then having found it, writing “To Mom” on it for yet another cherished Mother’s Day.” — Millie P. Lorenz
Cherish the little things while you can.
34. “Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.” — Emily Dickinson
Your love for your mom (and hers for you) is never-ending.
35. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” — Jewish proverb
Your mom knew you best.
36. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” — Abraham Lincoln
Remember what your mom taught you.
37. “I hate visiting your grave because the words on your epitaph don’t do justice to the amazing person that you were. I miss you.”
It’s hard to move forward after the death of your mother.
38. “You are a beautiful mother, caring mom and loving companion. My dad is so lucky to have found a woman like you in his life.”
To your beautiful mother who passed…
39. “You are the best friend I have in life, the only true companion who can sacrifice everything just for me to be happy. I love you mom and will like to thank you for all your advice that shaped my life. I miss you!”
When you miss your mom beyond words.
40. “For every flower that I place on your grave, I think of all those things you did to make my life as beautiful and fragrant as a bed of flowers. I miss you.”
Your mom made you the way you are.
41. “I wish I am where you are right now so I can receive your blessings on my forehead as you peck me, I miss those sweet words you speak to me because they gave me more courage to succeed in life – I want to say I miss you, mom!”
Your mom built you up to be strong and courageous.
42. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” — Irish proverb
Sons love their mothers most.
43. “My mother is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.” — Graycie Harmon
Your mom will be there for you, even after this life.
44. “Mourning was just another word in the dictionary. But after your death, it has become a way of life for me.”
It’s hard to know what to do after your mother dies.
45. “The death of a mother is the first sorrow wept without her.”
Hold your family close to your heart.
46. “The mother memories that are closest to my heart are the small gentle ones that I have carried over from the days of my childhood. They are not profound, but they have stayed with me through life, and when I am very old, they will still be near.” — Margaret Sanger
The little memories with your mom are the most important.
47. “Grief is like the ocean, it comes in waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm and sometimes is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” — Vicki Harrison
And right now I feel like I’m drowning.
48. “Death has taken you to a beautiful place called Heaven, but it has made my life a living Hell. I miss you.”
Life will get better, and you’ll keep your mom in your heart to carry with you.
49. “I wish I had the power to take back every pain, worry, and hurt that I ever gave you. I wish that I could just undo, all the moments that made you blue. I miss you, mom.”
Your mom stays with you, even after death.
50. “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” — Terri Guillemets
Your mother will never leave your side.