Plus 8 signs to know (for sure) if she’s your bestie.
From the beginning to the end, your best friend has been your rock, your partner in crime and your favorite drinking buddy. She is someone you can trust and confide in. She doesn’t judge you when it comes to your endless dating life and she understands your thoughts and thinking when others believe you are so weird.
There are so many definitions that talk about what a best friend is, but one thing we all can agree on is that your best friend is your closest friend — one who doesn’t judge you and who loves you regardless of the situation.
Sometimes it’s hard to pick out of all your favorite friends which of them is your best, truest friend, so here are 8 signs that help you know (for sure) if she’s your best friend.
1. Your friend has seen you at your worst (and still likes you).
If your friend has seen you and has been there for you during trying and testing times; she isn’t just a friend, she’s your best friend.
2. You can spend time away from each other and it doesn’t seem to matter.
If you guys can line your daily lives without always talking to each other and when you finally do talk you guys fall right into where you left off then she is your soul sister or bestie.
3. You guys keep it real with each other.
If you both can joke with each other and tell each other the truth regardless if it hurts or not then she is a friend to keep.
4. You don’t sweat the small stuff.
You both can get over situations whether it’s together or individually and move right along to the next.
5. Your families are close, too.
You both can go to each other’s family houses or events without feeling uncomfortable. Going in her family’s fridge without permission is something you can do when you are with the bestie’s side of the family because it’s your family too.
6. Talking is not always mandatory.
When you guys are together, you can always spark up a good and long conversation but even in silence, you guys are still close as ever.
7. She buys you the best presents.
She knows your style and likes as well as you do. She knows how to make you happy with the little things just by knowing and paying attention. She buys just what you were researching online without you even saying a word.
8. You support each other, no matter what.
No matter the situation. She has your back, she rides for you. She loves you whether you’re gay or straight regardless of how many guys you’ve slept with. She is always your support system.
If you answered yes to at least seven of these signs then you’ve found your BFF. To help you celebrate your friendship (and to prove your best friend is there for you until the very end), we’ve gathered the best best friend quotes to share with your soul-sister.
1. Silence does not create distance.
“True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” — David Tyson
2. As humans, we don’t learn how to be friends it can come just natural.
“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
3. All we need in this world is true friends.
“Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” — Woodrow Wilson
4. Life is great when you have support.
“Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
5. A smile can go a long way.
“Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace.” — Christie Brinkley
6. Through flaws and all a friend is always there.
“A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Unknown
7. The Bible knows that friendship is the key to a happy life.
“A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” — Proverbs 27:9
8. Make someone’s day as best as you can.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” — Maya Angelou
9. It’s so many sides to making us happy so lets’ try to please them all.
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anais Nin
10. Chocolate isn’t the only thing sweet.
“In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.” — Unknown
11. Friendship makes the world go around.
“A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.” — Leo Buscaglia
12. Friends will impact your life.
“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
13. Your true friends are always there no matter what.
“Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.” — Unknown
14. Life can be a blast with the ones you love.
“Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” — Unknown
15. Standing alone is not ideal when you have a true friend.
“I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
16. When you find true friends it’s like having the luck of the Irish.
“A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find a lucky to have.” — Irish Proverb
17. True friends will do anything for you and you will do the same.
“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” — Jane Austen
18. Loyalty is a major function in friendship.
“There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” — Jennifer Aniston
19. Great friendship never gets old.
“Awards become corroded. Friends gather no dust.” — Jesse Owens
20. When spirits intertwine.
“True friends are always together in spirit.” — L.M. Montgomery
21. It’s not the big things that matter but the little things.
“It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.” — Unknown
22. Time does not ruin a friendship.
“Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” — Ally Condie
23. During hard times, if your best friend is there never let her go.
“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
24. Always be grateful to real friends in your life.
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
25. True best friends are rare.
“Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” — Ed Cunningham
26. A good friend can see your soul amid others.
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
27. Good friends are family.
“Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” — Eustache Deschamps
28. Friendship is eternal love.
“True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” — Unknown
29. It doesn’t matter the time if you need them and they are there, that’s a true friend.
“It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
30. Be what you dream of wanting from others.
“The only way to have a friend is to be one.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. Surround yourself with love, always.
“Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” — Oprah Winfrey
32. If you love yourself more you can love friends even better.
“If we treated ourselves as well as we treated our best friend, can you imagine?” — Meghan Markle
33. Friends can get you out of that dark hole.
“I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.” — Reese Witherspoon
34. Through the good or bad they love you.
“Friendship is when people know all about you but like you anyway.” — Unknown
35. Friends can be everlasting through time.
“There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” — Jim Henson
36. Through it all, they never stop your shine.
“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
37. It’s okay to slowly become a friend just as long as you there through it.
“Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” — Socrates
38. Friendship can grow through all seasons.
“Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” — Charles Lamb
39. Good friends stick together like glue.
“Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” — John Evelyn
40. Love your best friend and live life with them.
“A good friend knows all your best stories, but a best friend has lived them with you.” — Unknown
41. Sugar and Soul sisters can make your life sweeter.
“There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” — Linda Grayson
42. The best in you is what your bestie should bring out of you.
“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” — Henry Ford
43. All gifts are amazing but not as amazing as friendship.
“The greatest gift of life is friendship.” — Hurbert H. Humphrey
44. One soul is what friendship turns into.
“What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” — Aristotle
45. Some people have friends that light up energy.
“Women’s friendships are like a renewable source of power.” — Jane Fonda
46. Friendship and true love are life’s main essentials.
“Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” — Jean de la Fontaine
47. When others walk your life a true friend never leaves.
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
48. Friends are more than relatives their siblings too.
“Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” — Mencius
49. True friendships fight all the trials life gives us.
“True friendships resists time, distance and silence.” — Isabel Allende
50. A true friend is always there.
“I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.” — Unknown