For a majority of Christians, the Holy Spirit is a third of the Trinity, and memorizing verses about the spirit of God are encouraged to do.
“The Triune God”, also known as the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are spoken about many times in the Bible.
There are two symbols in the New Testament that are associated with the Holy Spirit — a dove and the tongues of fire.
Each depiction originated from different historical events in the Gospel narratives, and symbolically help to understand the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is mentioned at least 90 times in the New Testament in the three Synoptic Gospels (Matthew 12:30-32, Mark 3:28-30, and Luke 12:8-10).
And the participation of the Holy Spirit can be found at the end of the Gospel of Matthew (28:19).
Some people believe the Holy Spirit is first mentioned in the first book Genesis.
Others believe that the first actual mention of the Holy Spirit is in Luke 4:1 in the New Testament.
Life can feel so hectic and confusing that it’s easy to lose your sense of faith, you may want to know a Holy Spirit bible verse to reference in the day, to remind yourself that with the Spirit you can do all things.
Here are 50 Bible verses about the Holy Spirit:
1. “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” — 2 Corinthians 3:17
2. “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” — 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
3. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
4. “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.” — John 14:16
5. “They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.” — Acts 2:3-4
6. “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” — John 14:26
7. “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” — Romans 5:5
8. “Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?” — 1 Corinthians 3:16
9. “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.” — Ephesians 4:30
10. “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” — Act 1:8
11. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” — Matthew 28:19-20
12. “If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” — Luke 11:13
13. “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.” — Acts 4:31
14. “But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.” — Jude 1:20-21
15. “Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.’” — Acts 2:38
16. “Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.” — Mark 13:11
17. “We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.” — Acts 5:32
18. “For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.” — 1 Corinthians 2:11
19. “When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: ‘You are my Son, whom I love; with you, I am well pleased.’” — Luke 3:21-22
20. “For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.” — 2 Peter 1:21
21. “On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.” — Acts 19:5-6
22. “While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, ‘Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.’” — Acts 13:2
23. “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.” — John 15:26
24. “But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, ‘Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.’” — Matthew 1:20
25. “And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’” — John 1:33
26. “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” — 2 Corinthians 13:14
27. “The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.” — Isaiah 61:1
28. “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.” — Genesis 1:1-2
29. “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.” — Psalm 143:10
30. “And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.” — Ezekiel 36:27
31. “Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.” — Matthew 12:32
32. “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” — Acts 10:47
33. “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.” — Titus 3:5
34. “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” — Psalm 139:7-8
35. “So he said to me, ‘This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.’” — Zechariah 4:6
36. “This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.” — Matthew 1:18
37. “The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’” — Luke 1:35
38. “Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.” — Acts 9:31
39. “As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning.” — Acts 11:15
40. “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” —Romans 5:5
41. “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” — Romans 8:26
42. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” — Galatians 5:22-23
43. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! — Luke 11:13
44. “And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” — Genesis 1:2
45. “And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.” — Isaiah 11:2
46. “And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.” — 1 Corinthians 2:13
47. “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.” — John 16:13
48. “By His breath, the heavens are cleared; His hand has pierced the fleeing serpent.” — Job 26:13
49. “More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” — Romans 5:3-5
50. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.” — Galatians 5:22