We’ve all had a crush on someone at one point in our lives. If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably been too scared to confront them and tell them how you feel.
I used to keep my crushes super top secret. I wouldn’t even tell my friends because I was scared word would get out! I was always worried about what my crush would say if they knew I liked them.
Some people are the opposite. They don’t let fear get in the way.
For example, every time my friend had a crush on someone, she would confront them about it. Sometimes she would walk away embarrassed. Other times, to her surprise, she’d find out that her crush actually liked her back.
Whether you go up to the person you like or not, having a crush on someone can be totally consuming, as evidenced in some of the greatest “crush quotes” out there.
You probably think about them all the time and freak out on the inside when you see them or talk to them. The butterflies in your stomach, the smile that appears on your face when you see their name pop up on your phone … you know the feeling.
Here are 50 quotes about having a crush on someone to sum up that giddy, nervous, exciting feeling.
50 Crush Quotes For When You’re Catching Feelings
1. “I dont know why i’m so afraid to lose you when you’re not even mine” — Nurilla Iryani, “Dear Friend With Love”
When they’re not yours, but you don’t want them to date anyone else.
2. “When I see you, I admit I start to lose my grip and all of my cool.” — Unknown
When you see them and freak out.
3. “Some crushes just never went away. They built, instead, into something permanent, obsessive and all-consuming.” — Maya Banks
When you keep liking them more and more.
4. “It’s nice to have a crush on someone. It feels like you’re alive, you know?” — Scarlett Johansson
When it feels good to have a crush again.
5. “If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden.” — Claudia Adrienne Grandi
When you think about them all the time.
6. “Creating a nickname for your crush, that only you and your friends know.” — Unknown
When you call them by a code name so they don’t know you’re talking about them.
7. “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.” — Unknown
When you dream about dating them.
8. “Do you know what it’s like to like someone so much you can’t stand it and know that they’ll never feel the same way?” — To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
When you feel like they’ll never like you back.
9. “I want to touch with my mouth. His mouth, with my mouth. Maybe his neck, too. But first things first: Make him aware I exist.” — Laini Taylor
When your crush doesn’t know you.
10. “The mark of a true crush… is that you fall in love first and grope for reasons afterward.” — Shana Alexander
When you barely know them, but you feel like you love them already.
11. “He barely knew I existed. I knew some of the same people he knew, but I was a girl in the background, several degrees of separation removed.” — Rick Yancey
When your crush never talks to you.
12. “Often, when a girl has a crush on a boy, her friend will dare her to speak to him or ask for a pencil, or better yet, let him know that she has a crush. Pretty risky stuff… It happens thousands of times a day in the lives of teenagers everywhere. Putting yourself out there. Daring to expose your true feelings.” — Jazz Jennings
When you tell them you have a crush on them.
13. “When you fall for someone’s personality, everything about them becomes beautiful.” — Unknown
When you finally admit it to yourself that you like them.
14. “I would love to be the person that could make you laugh and smile every day.” — Unknown
When you wish you were theirs.
15. “If you could see that I’m the one that understands you, been here all along so why can’t you see you belong with me.” — Taylor Swift, “You Belong With Me”
When you’ve known your crush for years.
16. “There are so many other things I should be doing with my life right now but instead, I am stuck here crushing on you.” — Unknown
When you waste time daydreaming about your crush.
17. “You should let me love you, let me be the one to give you everything you want and need.” — Mario, “Let Me Love You”
When you just want to give them love.
18. “When I think about you I end up having a stupid grin on my face.” — Unknown
When the thought of them makes you smile.
19. “There is nothing better than when your crush has a crush on you, too.” — Unknown
When they are secretly crushing on you as well.
20. “It’s funny how someone can seem normal to you one day only for you to realize the next day that you are in love with them. It is like a light bulb suddenly being turned on.” — Unknown
When you finally realize you caught feelings for them.
21. “All I really want is to hold you tight, treat you right, be with you day and night.” — Britney Spears, “Sometimes”
When you’re too scared to tell them how you really feel.
22. “I think about you constantly, whether it’s with my mind or my heart.” — Terri Guillemets
When you’re crushing on them really hard.
23. “I got a crush on you; I hope you feel the way that I do: I get a rush when I’m with you; Oh, I got a crush on you.” — Mandy Moore, “Crush”
When you finally tell them how you feel.
24. “That awkward moment when your crush has asked you who your crush is.” — Unknown
When they’re oblivious to the obvious.
25. “It is hard for me to pretend that I don’t like you when in reality I am crazy about you.” — Unknown
When you try to play it cool.
26. “There are fewer things worse than when your crush has feelings for someone who isn’t you.” — Unknown
When they tell you they like someone else.
27. “No matter how hard I try to think about something else, my thoughts always go back to you.” — Unknown
When you can’t stop thinking about them.
28. “The sight of you makes my heart flutter.” — Unknown
When they give you butterflies.
29. “There is something really special about you that I can’t quite explain.” — Unknown
When you’re not even sure why you like them.
30. “I have a crush on your mind. I fell for your personality. Your looks are just a bonus.” — Nicolas Sparks, “The Notebook”
When you like them for who they are, not just for what they look like.
31. “Avoiding someone because you have a ridiculous crush on them.” — Unknown
When you run away in embarrassment every time you see them.
32. “Our little, stupid conversation means more to me than you think.” — Unknown
When they start a conversation with you.
33. “You never realize how much you like someone until you watch them like someone else.” — Unknown
When you find out they’re dating someone else.
34. “Sorry boys, but I already have my eyes on a guy that isn’t interested.” — Unknown
When your heart is set on them.
35. “You sat down next to me and I think I forgot how to breathe.” — Unknown
When they randomly sit by you.
36. “I’m terrified that you won’t like me back but I’m even more terrified of losing out on the possibility of dating you if I sit back and say nothing.” — Unknown
When you’re too scared to say something but even more scared of saying nothing.
37. “I don’t want to dream of you anymore. I want you for real.” — Unknown
When you wish all of your daydreams about them become real.
38. “I wonder what I look like in your eyes.” — Unknown
When you wonder if they think you’re pretty.
39. “I love you, but you don’t know it. I want to be with you, but I don’t show it.” — Unknown
When they have no idea how you feel about them.
40. “Please stop looking so attractive, I’m trying to stop liking you.” — Unknown
When they’re just too hot.
41. “That moment when you and your crush look at each other at the same time and smile.” — Unknown
When your crush acknowledges your presence.
42. “I don’t know how to explain it but I think that we are meant to be together.” — Unknown
When you’re perfect for each other, but they haven’t realized it yet.
43. “I just want to be the girl you like.” — Unknown
When you wish they had a crush on you.
44. “He’s like a song she can’t get out of her head.” — Unknown
When you overthink everything you do around them.
45. “A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other … Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever.” — Unclear origin, often misattributed to Dave Matthew, 500 Days Of Summer and The Wonder Years
When you have a crush on your best friend.
46. “I’m still trying to get over a guy I never even dated.” — Unknown
When you’re heartbroken over a crush.
47. “It’s getting harder and harder to hide my feelings for you.” — Unknown
When it’s hard to act like you don’t like them.
48. “I still got a crush that’s obvious.” — The Neighborhood, “Single”
When you’ve liked them for a long time.
49. “I always hope you’re looking at me while I’m looking away.” — Unknown
When you hope they stare at you as much as you stare at them.
50. “And I hope sometimes you wonder about me.” — Taylor Swift, “I Almost Do”
When you hope they’re thinking about you too.