Mornings are a special time of day. The day is all fresh and new as a newborn babe. All the opportunities are there — so much hope in those few hours when most anything can still happen. You plan and map out your day to the best of your ability and hope you will be able to accomplish everything you set out to do.
Should you be ambitious with your goals and potentially disappoint yourself by not fulfilling it all, or should you play it safe and then find yourself with idle time you feel you should spend in a productive manner, but don’t know quite how?
It truly is a dilemma. What you do really should depend on your mood, though your mood will also affect your motivation level. Sometimes, what you really need is a little external inspiration, especially in the form of the best quotes you can find about life and happiness.
If you feel moody or depressed, you might not try and plan much of anything, when getting out of bed and getting something to eat is a chore in itself. But sometimes, if you can force yourself to do something, anything more than just the bare necessities, you might find yourself with more energy in the end.
Productivity breeds productivity. It can clear the foul miasmas from your head. But it is also important just to savor that feeling in the morning.
When the day is new, when the sun has just crept above the horizon and everyone has woken out of slumber just as bed-ruffled as you. Savor that newness, taste it for what it represents, that every day is a new opportunity and a new chance to do something. Anything.
Use these good morning quotes as your virtual cup of Joe in the morning and as a means of inspiration and empowerment to get up and make it a good morning with the thoughts of limitless possibilities available to you each and every day.
Here are 50 inspirational good morning quotes to help you seize the day!
1. “The greatest inspiration you can ever get is to know that you are an inspiration to others. Wake up and start living an inspirational life today.”
2. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Great attitude is like a perfect cup of coffee — don’t start your day without it.”
4. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Thomas Alva Edison
5. “This is not just another day, this is yet another chance to make your dreams come true.”
6. “I get up every morning and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day.” — Paul Henderson
7. “Even the smallest of thoughts have the potential to become the biggest of successes … all you have to do is get up and get going.”
8. “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” — Robert Brault
9. “This morning will never ever come back in your life again. Get up and make the most of it.”
10. “I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.” — Benjamin Franklin
11. “Being happy or sad, gloomy or excited, moody or stable … are options that are presented to you every morning. You just have to make the right choice.”
12. “Waking up this morning, I smile. 24 brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
13. “Wake up and face life’s challenges head-on. Else, life will become quite a challenge.”
14. “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” — Henry David Thoreau
15. “This morning is what it is because you were what you were yesterday. Be what you should be today so that you can be what you want to become tomorrow.”
16. “Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness.” — Nanea Hoffman
17. “Think about the dreams you had last night to make your lazy morning a beautiful one.”
18. “Every morning, I wake up saying, ‘I’m still alive, a miracle.’ And so I keep on pushing.” — Jim Carrey
19. “The way you get out of bed will lay the foundation of the day that lies ahead. So wake up with a smile and walk out with a bounce in your step … you deserve it.”
20. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” — Marcus Aurelius
21. “You can sleep a little longer and face failure …or you can wake up right away to chase success. The choice is entirely yours.”
22. “Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” — Lemony Snicket
23. “Every morning comes with this promise — give the wings of effort to your dreams and your life will be full of bliss.”
24. “I like freedom. I wake up in the morning and say, ‘I don’t know, should I have a popsicle or a donut?’ You know, who knows?” — Oscar Nunez
25. “Every morning is destiny’s way of telling you that your purpose in life is yet to be fulfilled.”
26. “Every morning is a beautiful morning.” — Terri Guillemets
27. “If you haven’t been able to achieve something, today is the best time to start working towards it again.”
28. “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” — Yoko Ono
29. “To become great, you need to do great things — one of which is waking up early in the morning.”
30. “Not the day only, but all things have their morning.” — French Proverb
31. “Opportunities will knock on your door every morning. But if you keep sleeping they will simply pass you by.”
32. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” — Robert Collier
33. “The only way you can respect your dream is to get out of bed and do something about it.”
34. “It is in the early morning hour that the unseen is seen, and that the far-off beauty and glory, vanquishing all their vagueness, move down upon us till they stand clear as crystal close over against the soul.” — Sarah Smiley
35. “Good Morning — this is not just a greeting. It signifies a hope that the beautiful morning will bring a smile on your face and happiness in your life.”
36. “Lose an hour in the morning, and you will spend all day looking for it.” — Richard Whately
37. “Set a goal that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning.”
38. “Now that your eyes are open, make the sun jealous with your burning passion to start the day. Make the sun jealous or stay in bed.” — Malak El Halabi
39. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive — to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
40. “I like my coffee black and my mornings bright.” — Terri Guillemets
41. “Every morning starts a new page in your story. Make it a great one today.”
42. “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.” — E. B. White
43. “Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about to happen.”
44. “No matter how bad things are, you can at least be happy that you woke up this morning.” — D. L. Hughley
45. “No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful that you still have one.”
46. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” — Rumi
47. “Today will be amazing, so wake up and smile. Positivity is a choice that becomes a lifestyle.”
48. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” — Maria Robinson
49. “Every morning you have two options, continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them. The choice is yours.”
50. “When I first open my eyes upon the morning meadows and look out upon the beautiful world, I thank God I am alive.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson