Make your “I do” mean something as special as your love for each other.
Your wedding vows are some of the most important words you will say in your life.
They carry so much meaning and promise that the thought of even putting them down on paper is nerve-wracking. The idea of having to say them to the love of your life in front of your most important people is seventeen thousand times more nerve-wracking.
And of course, if you want to skip the traditional route and learn how to write your own wedding vows, you surely to want them to be as beautiful as they are sincere, whether you use your own words or gather a collection of the most meaningful love and wedding quotes you can find.
An old friend of mine wrote her own marriage vows for her wedding, and they’re so simple yet meaningful that I had to include them here as an example:
“I will never stop telling how you how much I love you. I promise to remind you how handsome you are, how kind and generous you are, and to remind you that you are the most amazing person and father that I’ve ever met in my life.
I promise to be your best friend, because you are mine. I vow to be yours, and truly yours, as I have been ever since you sat next to me at our high school lunch table.
In sickness and in health: I promise to take care of you, even when you’ve over-indulged the night before. For richer or for poorer: I promise not to spend all our money at Target.
And finally, I promise to always love you, and I will never miss a chance to tell you again.”
Meanwhile, her beloved husband, responded:
“I take you as my wife, my partner for life, and as my best friend. I vow to love you more each and everyday. I will always be honest and patient with you. I vow to always be there when you need me the most. To grow old and raise our beautiful child together. I am truly blessed to be a part of your life and to have you in mine.”
Vows can be intimidating to write. Not only are they made out to be the most important words you could say to your partner ever, but you also have to say those words in front of a crowd of your closest family and friends. No pressure.
So to help you out (and because we’re in a sentimental mood), we found some of the most sincere, meaningful, and funny love quotes to use in your vows.
If you’re not good with words, use one of these 50 love quotes as a good starting point for your wedding vows.
1. “Something tells me I’m going to love him forever.”
2. “I vow to love you even when you’re 45 and still play Xbox.”
3. “You’re not an option. You’re my priority.”
4. “When I’m with you, hours feel like seconds. When we’re apart, days feel like years.”
5. “I appreciate you more because of the road I traveled. My story brought me to you, and I wouldn’t revise a word of my past if it led me anywhere but to your door.”— Aaron Polson
6. “I vow to pretend I’m interested in your latest video game obsession.”
7. “You came into my life and became it.”
8. “I vow to love all of you. Snoring included.”
9. “And do you solemnly swear to protect me from spiders as long as we both shall live?”
10. “Because you’re the kind of guy who’d laugh at me when I fall, but help me up and whisper, ‘It’s okay, I still love you.'”
11. “None of your scars can make me love you less.”
12. “To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, unless you become a zombie — then I promise to shoot you in the head.”
13. “I lost my way all the way to you and in you I found my way.”— Atticus
14. “Some people search their whole lives to find what I found in you.”
15. “I vow to believe you when you compliment me, and only use sarcasm when necessary.”
16. “I don’t want anyone else to have your heart, kiss your lips, or be in your arms because that’s only my place.”
17. “I just want to lay on your chest and listen to your heartbeat.”
18. “I love my eyes when you look into them. I love my name when you say it. I love my heart when you touch it. I love my life when you are in it.”
19. “Happiness is waking up in the middle of the night and feeling the warmness of the person you love next to you.”
20. “Some hearts understand each other even in silence.”
21. “I vow to still grab your butt when you’re old and wrinkly.”
22. “I promise there hasn’t been a day that I stopped wanting you and you haven’t gotten out of my head at all since I first met you.”
23. “I want to wake up at 2 am, roll over, see your face, and know that I’m right where I’m supposed to be.”
24. “You’re my favorite daydream.”
25. “Being with you is what I call happiness.”
26. “For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.”
27. “Eye contact: how souls catch on fire.”
28. “I looked at him as a friend until I realized I loved him.”
29. “His love roared louder than her demons.”
30. “I didn’t fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are fated to do the things that we’d choose anyway. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.”
31. “I vow to keep updating my vows as we go because one set of vows can’t possibly cover a lifetime of growing, and changing with you, falling more and more in love with you everyday. Which is what I vow to do for the rest of my life.”
32. “I want to hold your hand at 80 and say, ‘We made it’.”
33. “There comes a time when you meet someone and you just want to make them smile for the rest of your life.”
34. “Why would I look for something in someone else when I already see everything in you?”
35. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.”— Leo Christopher
36. “I crave you in the most innocent form. I crave to say goodnight and give you forehead kisses and to say that I adore you when you feel at your worst. I crave you in ways where I just want to be next to you and nothing more or less.”
37. “You are the love that came without warning. You had my heart before I could say no.”
38. “I didn’t want to fall in love, not at all, but at some point, you smiled and holy sh— I blew it.”
39. “I actually fell for you before I even realized I did.”
40. “Falling for him wasn’t falling at all. It was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you’re home.”— r.i.d.
41. “I vow to give you all the love and support that I give my cats.”
42. “Your voice is my favorite sound.”
43. “And then suddenly, you meet that one person that makes you forget about yesterday, and dream about tomorrow.”
44. “You caught me staring, but I caught you staring back.”
45. “You will forever be my always.”
46. “I got lost in him and it’s the kind of lost that’s exactly like being found.”— Claire LaZebnik
47. “He’s annoying. He’s hilarious. He makes me yell. He drives me crazy. He’s out of his mind but he’s everything I want.”
48. “I want to be everything you didn’t know you were looking for.”
49. “You’re my favorite place to go to when my mind searches for peace.”
50. “I wanna live, sleep and wake up by your side.”