Don’t just say it, wear it. Live it.
Tattoos are more popular than ever. Quote tattoos, in particular, are especially sought-after by both men and women, and they have been for decades, since they can serve many purposes in expressing ourselves in more direct way than a mere image can.
While most timeless quote tattoos tend to represent a form of inspiration for the individual, they are also becoming a way to pay tribute to loved ones who have passed away. Or to remind you of your favorite childhood memory. Or just a quote from a book or song that influenced you in some way.
Just because someone opts to get a quote tattoo doesn’t mean it has to be super lengthy either. A simple phrase or word can invoke just as much meaning as several sentences. We only have so much space for tattoos, which is another reason people tend to keep quote tattoos at just a few sentences tops.
The most popular trends for locations on the body for quote tattoos are the forearm, wrist, and the side of the feet. There are, however, new tattoo location trends that are becoming more and more used by the public as well. These include: down the middle of the back, the upper-thigh, and the collarbone.
Tattoo designs are great because you can create them according to your preferences, and there are numerous options to choose from.
Instead of just words, you can opt to get your quote combined with a symbolic image that relates to either the message or the author of the quote.
If you enjoy tattoos with some color, that’s also a way to make your tattoo style unique to you.
Font variations are also important to consider, not only for aesthetics, but also because you want to be sure it’s something readable. A certain font might look good, but if nobody can read what it is, it sort of negates the purpose.
1. A classic quote from The Lion King for whenever you lose your way in life.
“Remember who you are.” — The Lion King
2. Reminding yourself to let go and have faith.
“Accept what is. Let go of what was. And have faith in what will be.” — Unknown
3. For the wild soul.
“We’re all mad here.” — Alice in Wonderland
4. Release your past.
“Inhale the future. Exhale the past.” — Unknown
5. A beautiful Spanish quote from a legendary artist.
“Pies, para que los quiero si tengo alas para volar.” (“Feet, what do I need them for if I have wings to fly.”) — Frida Kahlo
6. A tribute to a loved one.
“She lived and laughed, and loved and left.” — Unknown
“Not all those who wander are lost.” — Unknown
8. Hard times happening for a reason.
“But without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” — Unknown
9. A collarbone tattoo to see in the mirror every time you need a confidence boost.
“I am enough.” — Unknown
10. Kindness to yourself is also important.
“Be kind to yourself.” — Unknown
11. An upper arm quote tattoo for when you feel restless.
“And the chaos within me found balance.” — Unknown
12. Pursue your dreams.
“Don’t dream your life, live your dream.” — Unknown
13. A reminder of what is good in life.
“All good things are wild and free.” — Unknown
14. Motivational rib tattoo.
“She believed she could so she did.” — Unknown
15. A simple but eloquent quote tattoo for your hand.
“Free.” — Unknown
16. Never give up.
“Keep going” — Unknown
17. Love and life – a wrist tattoo that will remind you of the important things every single day.
“Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” — Unknown
18. Don’t stress so much.
“Take it easy.” — Unknown
19. Don’t let your fear make you miss out on life.
“I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” — Unknown
20. Understated foot tattoo as a reminder to always be brave.
“Fearless.” — Unknown
21. A reminder that you can pull through.
“Not broke just bent.” — Unknown
22. Struggles do not last forever.
“This too shall pass.” — Unknown
23. No matter what happens, you keep going.
“Still I rise.” — Unknown
24. A nice French quote tattoo that reminds you of life’s beauty.
“La vie est belle.” (“Life is beautiful.”) — Unknown
25. You will do just fine, even on your own.
“I am not afraid to walk this world alone.” — Unknown
26. Let your heart and courage guide you.
“Heart (over) mind. Courage (over) fear.” — Unknown
27. You are more than you realize.
“You are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh
28. We are fortunate to be alive.
“How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.” — Unknown
29. The magic of words.
“Words, are our most inexhaustible source of magic.” — Unknown
30. A minimalist arm tattoo for the person who loves to travel.
“Just go.” — Unknown
31. A couples tattoo that reminds you of your promises to each other.
“I’ll keep you safe. I’ll keep you wild.” — Unknown
32. A quote from the master of words himself, William Shakespeare.
“And though she be but little, she is fierce.” — A Midsummer Night’s Dream
33. A lovely matching tattoo with a quote for friends and family to share together.
“Even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you.” — Winnie the Pooh
34. A poetic reminder of true friendship.
“True friends stab you in the front.” — Unknown
35. Share your joy.
“You are my sunshine.” — Unknown
36. When someone means everything to you.
“(Living) with you. (Dead) without you.” — Unknown
37. Life must go on.
“I am not afraid to keep on living.” — Unknown
38. For those with a creative, artistic soul.
“Create yourself.” — Unknown
39. There is nothing stopping you from achieving your dreams.
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
40. An inspirational quote tattoo to keep you strong.
“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” — Kelly Clarkson
41. A tattoo is a wonderful way to pay tribute to a loved one who has passed away.
“Dad, remembering you is easy, I do it every day. Missing you is the heartache that never goes away.” — Unknown
42. A necessary reminder to live life to the fullest.
“Die with memories, not with dreams.” — Unknown
43. A creative way to combine faith and positivity.
“Think positive.” — Unknown
44. You will always be protected.
“He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge.” — Psalm 91:4
45. It’s important to be loved for who you are.
“Love me for who I am.” — Unknown
46. A colorful variation on this quote for the adventure-seeker.
“Not all that wander are lost.” — Unknown
47. Our heart knows the right path for us.
“Follow your heart.” — Unknown
48. Another nice tribute for those we have lost.
“When a loved one becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” — Unknown
49. A good reminder when going through difficult times.
“Stay positive.” — Unknown
50. Wise words from Walt Disney on what is constant in life.
“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. Dreams are forever.” — Walt Disney