Nothing but blue skies ahead.
Summertime is just around the corner, but, I’ll be honest, it feels like I’ve been counting down the days since the moment last summer ended.
Between school, work and everything else, we all have so much to juggle and handle all day, every day but, for some reason, summertime feels just a little bit more manageable and enjoyable than the rest of the year.
In many ways, summertime is that renewal period that gives us the energy to make it through another year. We feel more alive during the summer than during any other time!
Just imagining the flip flops, sandy beaches and salty, sea air has me breathing deeper and letting my tense shoulders relax. Because of this, we often associate summertime with happiness. It’s the perfect time to spend hours with family and friends, and the longer days make us think brighter thoughts.
Think of the BBQs, the days spent by the pool or with a sprinkler, the smiles that seem to be everywhere you look and the crowds of people loosening up and having the time of their lives. It’s perfect. All your stress fades into the background, and you find yourself truly relaxed for the first time in a long time.
Luckily, you don’t have to wait until summertime to feel rejuvenated and excited!
This list of 52 summertime quotes will have you feeling the sunlight on your back and getting excited about all the incredible adventures you’ll have this year. There are only a few short months until those amazing summer days and nights are upon us. Hang in there!
1. Summer makes us feel some kind of way.
“Summer is a state of mind.” — Unknown
2. Ever wish for more hours in the day?
“One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” — Jeanette Walls
3. I’m ready to feel free again.
“It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” — Anna Godbersen
4. I swear, there’s something in that saltwater air.
“Smell the sea, and the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” — Van Morrison
5. We’ve been waiting all year.
“Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.” — John Mayer
6. There’s something about fruit and summertime.
“A pineapple a day keeps the worries away.” — Unknown
7. At this point, I’m ready to go find the blue skies myself.
“Take me away: I need the sand and the waves.” — Unknown
8. Bare feet, salty hair.
“If you’re not barefoot then you’re overdressed.” — Unknown
9. Perfect summer memories.
“A summer I’ll always remember with people I’ll never forget.” — Unknown
10. When you’re ready for the magic of summer.
“Everything good, everything magical: happens between the months of June and August.” — Jenny Han
11. Hanging onto summer year round.
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
12. SO ready for perfectly warm days.
“I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” — Kellie Elmore
13. Music, friends, and the beach.
“You can find me where the music meets the ocean.” — Unknown
14. It’s oh so easy to be happy in summer.
“In summer, the song sings itself.” — William Carlos Williams
15. Leave only footprints, take only memories.
“The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.” — Unknown
16. What will your sumer be?
“Every summer has a story.” — Unknown
17. I’m a sucker for a good sunset.
“Summer means happy times, good sunshine and stunning sunsets.” — Unknown
18. When you need a reminder of what matters.
“Watch more sunsets than Netflix.” — Unknown
“At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” — Unknown
20. What more can you ask for?
“High tides and good vibes.” — Unknown
21. Summer drives away darker days.
“A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.” — Unknown
22. The possibilities are endless.
“Summertime is always the best of what might be.” — Unknown
23. Summer: the perfect time to find yourself.
“The waves of the sea help me get back to me.” — Unknown
24. Summer is an art form all its own.
“Let’s weave our days together like waves and particles of light.” — Unknown
25. Summer brings magic to everyone.
“Summer after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people.” — Deb Caletti
26. Summer is one of the best parts of life.
“A life without love is like a year without summer.” — Jenna Evans Welch
27. Beach, please.
“No one likes a shady beach.” — Unknown
28. Old Navy $1 flip flop sale is bound to start soon.
“Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” — Kellie Elmore
29. only want one thing.
“Sunshine on my mind.” — Unknown
30. That feeling when the sun hits your skin.
“Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.” — C. Day Lewis
31. Counting your summertime blessings.
“Let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we see.” — Neutral Milk Hotel
32. Summertime cures anything.
“Saltwater cures all wounds.” — Unknown
33. Ready for some good vibes.
“Good vibes happen on the tides.” — Unknown
34. When you need a reminder that better days are coming.
“Chase the sun.” — Unknown
35. Better start on that summer playlist.
“She acts like summer and walks like rain.” — Drops of Jupiter, Train
36. Summer flings are in the air.
“Just the smell of summer can make me fall in love.” — Modest Mouse
37. Summer days, staring at the perfect summer sky.
“I never get tired of the blue, blue sky.” — Unknown
38. It’s a medical deficiency.
“I need vitamin SEA.” — Unknown
39. When you’re ready to spend days in the sunshine.
“Summer is here. I am in the process of moving all my habits outdoors.” — Unknown
40. Even summer knows it’s worth.
“If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” — Bern Williams
41. Summer air is something else.
“Breathe in that sweetness that hovers in August.” — Denise Levertov
42. You need a little give and a little take.
“The summer in you calms the winter in me.” — Unknown
43. Summer days are worth the wait.
“What good is the warmth of summer without the cold winter to give it sweetness?” — John Steinbeck
44. Mrs. Fitzgerald knew what was up.
“Summertime…and the living is easy.” — Ella Fitzgerald
45. Look for the sunny parts of each and every day.
“Turn your face to the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.” — Unknown
46. Summer won’t last, but the special moments will.
“One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
47. Summer memories will outlast any hardship.
“I never promised you a happy ending, you never said you wouldn’t make me cry, but summer love will keep us warm long after our autumn goodbye.” — Britney Spears
48. Summertims holds the promise of a million adventures, be brave and take the leap.
“You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — Unknown
49. Summer, Heaven and you have a lot in common.
“Summer’s in the air, baby, heaven’s in your eyes.” — Lana Del Ray
50. You deserve a vacation, honey.
“Life’s better poolside.” — Unknown
51. Endless possibilities.
“Summertime is always the best of what might be.” — Charles Bowden