Be the leader.
With all eyes on Trump and his approach to leading the United States through the coronavirus pandemic, systemic racism, and police brutality, Colin Powell’s quotes about Trump’s abilities as President have gone viral.
“We have a Constitution. And we have to follow that Constitution. And the President has drifted away from it,” Powell told CNN’s Jake Tapper.
As a former Republican Secretary of State with prominent leadership experience under six U.S. presidents, Powell has a deep understanding of the country and what makes it tick.
Throughout his political career, Powell has made many statements that double as inspirational quotes that inspire good leadership and strong loyalty.
The Most Inspirational Colin Powell Quotes
1. “Leadership is solving problems.”
2. “Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.”
3. “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.”
4. “It ain’t where you start in life, it’s where you end up, and what you did along the way.”
5. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”
6. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.”
7. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception; it is a prevailing attitude.”
8. “Don’t be afraid to challenge the pros, even in their own backyard.”
9. “Diplomacy is listening to what the other guy needs. Preserving your own position, but listening to the other guy. You have to develop relationships with other people so when the tough times come, you can work together.”
10. “My own experience is to use the tools that are out there. Use the digital world. But never lose sight of the need to reach out and talk to other people who don’t share your view. Listen to them and see if you can find a way to compromise.”
11. “Never neglect details. When everyone’s mind is dulled or distracted the leader must be doubly vigilant.”
12. “Always be looking for that which you do well and that which you love doing, and when you find those two things together — man, you got it.”
13. “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut …