On July 6th, every year, International Kissing Day is celebrated worldwide. The day was established in 2006, focusing on the kissing between lovers, to celebrate its importance. There are many types of kiss, and everyone loves a good kiss.
Whether it’s a friendly kiss on the cheek between friends or a long-lasting and passionate tongue lashing between partners, kissing is a beautiful way of showing love. The day reminds people to understand the importance of the simple value of a kiss. Many businesses, social media sites, and companies promote this day.
Kissing is associated with romantic feelings. But in many societies, kissing on the cheek is a way of greeting. For a parent or a grandparent, kissing their younger child is a signal of showing love, too. Kissing is an ageless activity. Research shows that 5% of people of age 45 lock lips at least 30 times a week.
In the book called “Kissing Christians,” Michael Penn stated that previously, ancient Christians used to kiss one another in a highly specialized setting that differentiates them from the non-Christian population. In Christianity, a kiss is considered a ritual, and it’s also called a “kiss of peace” during prayer.
Fun Facts You Must Know About Kissing
- Kissing someone fervently for one minute can burn up to 6.4 calories.
- The chocolate named kiss by Hershey’s contains 26 calories. And it will take you at least 5 minutes of walking or 4 minutes of kissing to burn off.
- There is a study of kissing, which is known as philematology.
- Our lips are 100 times more sensitive than our fingertips.
- An average kiss lasts for more than 12 seconds. In the 1980s, an average kiss lasted for a mere 5.5 seconds.
- Sweden is on the top of the list of countries with stingy kisses, where Germany holds the second position.
- Doctors promote the concept of kissing as they believe it strengthens our immune system and slows down the ageing process.
- Kissing can stimulate more than 100 billion nerve cells and promote adrenaline and happiness hormones through our bodies. It let our heart beats faster and may also make our blood pressure and body temperature rise high.
International Kissing Day Best Quotes
“A kiss that is never tasted is forever and ever wasted.”
“Kiss me, and you will see how important I am.” — Sylvia Plath
“Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.” — Percy Bysshe …