PUBG Mobile UPDATE
On PUBG Mobiles Discord group, a Tencent developer reiterated the earlier message that the games new update would be a staggered release starting September 12 (that’s today!) between 00:00 and 08:00 UTC.
This means that some players might not be able to jump into all the excellent RIGHT NOW. Invariably there will be the odd question on Reddit such as:
“I don’t have the download yet? When’s Sanhok coming out/ how do I download it?”
The answer is pretty much, when it’s ready, which judging from comments by the dev team, should be, at the very latest, 9 am BST on September 12.
Stay tuned for updates…
ORIGINAL STORY – PUBG Mobile is back online and Sanhok is here. The new map has been shown off along with the new 0.8.0 Patch Notes after eight hours of server maintenance overnight.The games latest trailer can be viewed below. And in keeping with the small map, Tencent has kept the video’s description brief, telling fans:
“Welcome to Sanhok! Enjoy the battle royale in this 4KM* 4KM jungle map.”
Short and sweet.
Want to know when it launches? Unfortunately, it’s not today, despite the small bit of confusion in the original messaging. It’s actually rolling out tomorrow, September 12.
Luckily, Tencent’s Community Team have given an update on the release, telling fans:
“Thank you so much for your patience so far. We can’t wait to hear your feedback once you get your hands on the 0.8.0.”
Whislt we wait, keep reading further down for those all-important Patch Notes.
PUBG MOBILE 0.8.0 Patch Notes
New Map: Sanhok
Sanhok can be downloaded independently, so enter the game and get it right away to join your friends in the rainforest! Please make sure that once you update the game you initiate map download as well before parachuting in.
It also comes with new weapons and vehicles:
- Flare Gun: a rare item that calls a super airdrop if used within the Playzone, and a Bulletproof UAZ if used outside the Playzone.
- QBZ: an automatic rifle that fires 5.56mm rounds. Has both single shot and full-auto.
- Duckbill: an attachment for shotguns. Reduces vertical spread and increases horizontal spread.
- Muscle Car: 4 seats, and has both a hard-top and a convertible version.
- Bulletproof UAZ: 4 seats. Obtained from using the Flare Gun outside the Playzone.
Customizable Pick-up Settings
- Pick-up quantities can now be specified in settings.
- Added more achievements. Now can be found under Missions.
- Clan Perks: after getting specific items (through purchase or luck), the system will award a certain amount of UC for players to share it with other Clan members.
- New Clan titles can be equipped after purchase.
- Clan Rankings: now lists the most active Clans this week and this season.
- Improved recognition of cheating plug-ins.
- Added Report buttons to Spectator Mode, Basic Information and Results.
Dismantling Time-Limited Items
- Time-Limited items can now be dismantled to BP directly.
- Added a Collect All button to collect rewards of all completed missions.
- Added new mission types to make progression more fun.
Lucky Air Drops
- A chance to get a mystery drop after a match. Contents are customized!
- Season page now shows all seasons played and relevant data such as season titles, the highest tier reached and more.
- Friends can now be deleted in batches.
- 3D models added to vehicle and airplane finish previews in the shop.
- Animation on the Season page has been optimized for certain device models.
- Accidental friendly fire will not be penalized.
- Chat system has been tuned.
- Items contained in air drops have been tuned.