These quotes just get it.
Breaking up with someone you love is never easy.
Letting go of the one you love — especially after weeks, months or even years of accumulating treasured memories — can feel like tearing yourself in two.
But the positive side of breakups is that learning how to move on also gives you an opportunity to learn about yourself.
Taking a hiatus from love affords us the chance to get reacquainted with ourselves and helps us come to realize that we are not alone out there in our heartbreak.
People have suffered from broken hearts since pretty much the beginning of time.
And whether you’re ready to move on or still feeling a little raw from your emotions, reading and sharing inspirational — even if a tiny bit sad — quotes about love and loss can help you feel less alone as you heal.
To get you started, here are our picks for the 20 best inspiring quotes about breaking up, moving on and learning to love all over again.
1. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them … but still move on without them.” — Mandy Hale
2. “Someday it’s gonna make sense.”
3. “Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone. Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next.”
4. “It just hurts. A lot …”
5. “Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser.”
6. “I need to let go of this false hope that you will change your mind and come back to me.”
7. “Dear heart, This is what happens when you try to make decisions on your own. Sincerely, Brain.”
8. “Take a step back today, look at all those beautiful things you have.”
9. “It’s going to be OK.”
10. “The course of true love did never run smooth.” — William Shakespeare, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
11. “Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.” — The Wizard of Oz
12. “Ever has it been that loves knows not its own death until the hour of separation.” — Khalil Gibran
13. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” — Mark Twain