The true definition of being loyal is to be “unswerving in allegiance such as being faithful to a private person whom faithfulness is due or being faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product.” That’s a mouthful — but these loyalty quotes and sayings describe the importance of loyalty on an everyday basis.
Anyone can be loyal to any thing, person, or idea. The true meaning of loyalty involves other traits, such as trustworthiness, honesty, and being loving and caring.
Why can’t everyone be loyal to everyone? Why is it so difficult for some people?
Loyalty is a virtue that supports almost every backbone of human interaction, especially relationships, friendships, family, employers, employees, and more.
If you want to learn more about the true meaning of loyalty, here are some inspirational and intuitive lotalty quotes to live by in your everyday life.
1. “I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.” — Carol Bryant
2. “I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.” — Lauren Conrad
3. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” — Ernie Banks
4. “One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives.” — Euripides
5. “Can’t be loyal to everyone, it’s a conflict of interest.” — Tyconis Allison
6. “I look for these qualities and characteristics in people. Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.” — Summer Altice
7. “When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.” — John Cena
8. “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones” — John Lennon
9. “Be loyal to those who are not present. In doing so, you build the trust of those who are present.” — Stephen Covey
10. “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.” — Confucius
11. “It’s not about who is real in your face it’s about who …