For all the strong ladies out there.
If I’m being completely candid, many of the strong women quotes below were spoken by women with husbands, boyfriends, and lovers. However, that doesn’t mean they needed a man to thrive in the world.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting love and companionship, but far too often there are women who get caught up in the notion that without a partner, they’ll fumble. It’s more than possible to be an independent, empowered, and successful woman in this world — now more than ever, in fact.
If you’re finding it hard to cope with a breakup or you feel like you’re being overshadowed by your partner, read these strong women quotes.
They serve as a reminder that no matter what the status of your love life may be, you are always enough. Just you! Nobody else; on your own, being the boss lady that you are.
1. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” —Margaret Thatcher
2. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b****, OK.” —Madonna
3. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” —Melinda Gates
4. “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” ―Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
5. “Women are the real architects of society.” —Harriet Beecher Stowe
6. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” —Beyoncé
7. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day.” —Janis Joplin
8. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind learning.” —Amy Poehler
9. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” —Coco Chanel
10. “It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.” —Byron Katie
11. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the ability to create, nurture, and transform.” —Diane Mariechild
12. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” —Elizabeth Cady Stanton
13. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me, …